• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cut Mingo

t96

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Did I mention I didn't like the Mingo pick? I didn't like the Young pick for that matter either.

Yeah we know. Why weren't you interviewed for GM then since you have all the answers and are the real expert here? Pat yourself on the back for your feedback after the games over a few more times please.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

Just now, AceBoogie said:

It looked like a Jimmy Clausen game. 

We didn't give up nothing to draft Pickles and was able to move on from him easily.  Plus he gave us Cam.  Bryce busting has screwed this team up for at least a couple more seasons.

1 minute ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Yeah we know. Why weren't you interviewed for GM then since you have all the answers and are the real expert here? Pat yourself on the back for feedback after the games over a few more times please.

The sad part is I am not an expert, but could have a assembled a better roster than the so-called experts.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I don't remember seeing a single person saying he transformed because Smith helped him in the off-season. I remember many saying there is nothing wrong with Smith helping him and it could only be a benefit so why not.

My comment is obviously somewhat tongue in cheek, but some commentary around it and this article was... entertaining.

https://www.panthers.com/news/jonathan-mingo-wanted-the-truth-he-went-to-the-right-place-steve-smith

"The second-year wideout has looked much sharper working with the ones in training camp and shows moments resembling savvy. Wednesday, it was making a play during a scramble drill, the kind of play that requires instincts and instruction. It's perhaps a play he doesn't make a year ago, and coach Dave Canales visibly brightened when asked about it."

21 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It looked like a Jimmy Clausen game. 

Given the investment we had to make in Bryce, I think he has easily surpassed Clausen as the biggest QB disaster in franchise history.

In the grand scheme of things, Clausen was really just a bust of a 2nd round pick (par for the course for the Panthers) and had a terrible season but that terrible season got us the #1 overall pick and and an MVP QB in Cam Newton so honestly even though he was individually atrocious he played his part in the overall arc of the franchise. Now we need Bryce to play us into position to hopefully get us our next franchise QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many starters do we have who would start for most other teams? How many backups do we have who would make most other rosters?

This team is trash and it's because the organization Tepper has "built" is trash.

Not having a single decent player isn’t all on owner and GM though. Yes like 90% it is. But none of our players look like they give a poo. That’s not on coaching or GM, that’s on lazy shitty players. 

• Pie 1

In Clausen’s defense, his head coach forced him to play out of spite to JR. And Hurney for picking him. 

Clausen was not ready and Fox really just fuged him over. He just wasn’t ready. He may have never been ready but he was thrown to the wolves. 
Young is so much of a different thing, he has been coddled and favored and propped and they have done everything they could to help him. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Given the investment we had to make in Bryce, I think he has easily surpassed Clausen as the biggest QB disaster in franchise history.

In the grand scheme of things, Clausen was really just a bust of a 2nd round pick (par for the course for the Panthers) and had a terrible season but that terrible season got us the #1 overall pick and and an MVP QB in Cam Newton so honestly even though he was individually atrocious he played his part in the overall arc of the franchise. Now we need Bryce to play us into position to hopefully get us our next franchise QB.

Poor kid. I mean he’s going to make generational money being the #1 pick so invest well and he’ll be fine, but man it’s over for him. He won’t get a backup job either. I see SEC broadcast in his future.