• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cut Mingo

t96

6 minutes ago, strato said:

The OL will end up a lot better and I think most could start somewhere else. A couple guys on D. 5 could start. I am running a little slower coming up with more that I feel good about. I am not down on the draft picks yet. 

Give the team chance with a leader that isn’t a high school sized player. This is probably wrong, but I dare say there is a high school guy somewhere that could beat him out. 

Bryce isn't an NFL caliber QB but Bryce didn't give up 47 points either. That D was flaming hot trash today. Not sure if the 2015 Super Bowl offense led by MVP Cam Newton would've been able to put up enough points to compete today.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce isn't an NFL caliber QB but Bryce didn't give up 47 points either. That D was flaming hot trash today. Not sure if the 2015 Super Bowl offense led by MVP Cam Newton would've been able to put up enough points to compete today.

All around Trash team. A better QB would have made it more of a game, but we lose this game no matter who the QB is. They didn’t punt until they stopped trying. It was a high level practice for them all day on both sides of the ball 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

All around Trash team. A better QB would have made it more of a game, but we lose this game no matter who the QB is. They didn’t punt until they stopped trying. It was a high level practice for them all day on both sides of the ball 

I honestly think it's the worst NFL team I've ever seen. I don't think the Saints are good. We're just THAT bad that a mediocre NFL team just boat races us like they're the greatest team of all time.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, 9 of the last 12 3rd round or better went to offense. And I think none higher than 3rd round went to defense. 
They traded the pass rusher to free up money to help the QB, and used the pick to help the QB, as well. 
Defense is red headed stepchild next to Bryce Young. Disagree?
Maybe if the offense could spend some time on the field and not give the ball away they might have a shot. a little shot. 

They are put at a disadvantage personnel wise, and in-game situationally, the same. 

It was pretty embarrassing though, but they are not the main attraction here. 

Edited by strato

56 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

I mean it is hard to grade any of these young WRs because they arent getting opportunties to be successful. 

Absolutely. The best the offense looked all last year was with Dalton on the road in hostile territory.

We cannot evaluate anyone on offense with Bryce Young at QB. Just a simple fact.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Absolutely. The best the offense looked all last year was with Dalton on the road in hostile territory.

We cannot evaluate anyone on offense with Bryce Young at QB. Just a simple fact.

I mean the players on offense knows he sucks...you can see it.

• Beer 1

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Wut? Mingo made plays today. Yea he fumbled a couple times and that’s bad, but he showed up when Bryce kept throwing stinker after stinker. It’s his second year, simma down. He wasn’t even a small fraction of the problem today. Bryce was. 

What? He absolutely was. His first touch was a lost fumble that set up a touchdown. His second one, he fumbled again.

1 minute ago, Joe Bear said:

What? He absolutely was. His first touch was a lost fumble that set up a touchdown. His second one, he fumbled again.

He got the ball back on the second one, and I said he fumbled a couple times and that’s not good, but the 7 points his fumble cost us is a drop in the ocean of the problems we had at QB and then by extension of that, the defense

17 minutes ago, KSpan said:

But I was told he transformed with Smitty this past offseason.

I don't remember seeing a single person saying he transformed because Smith helped him in the off-season. I remember many saying there is nothing wrong with Smith helping him and it could only be a benefit so why not.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly think it's the worst NFL team I've ever seen. I don't think the Saints are good. We're just THAT bad that a mediocre NFL team just boat races us like they're the greatest team of all time.

It looked like a Jimmy Clausen game. 

• Pie 1