• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The problem is Tepper (obviously) and Bryce.

hepcat

There are a lot of problems. Tepper's No. 1. You can bench Young, cut him, do whatever, and the root cause of the issues is still there. Young is a major issue and so is an abject lack of talent (due in large part to "trade every good player for draft picks and then use the draft picks on busts" strategy) on the defensive side of the ball.

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

Bryce sucks, don't get me wrong.  But this entire team BLOWS.  Like there are maybe, maybe, 4 good players.

Brown, ummmmm who else?  Horn got scorched by Shaheed.  Like really, who else can we say with a straight face is a legitimate high-level starter on this team?  

And we were over the cap

Just now, t96 said:

Dude it’s not just Bryce, he’s a symptom not a root cause. Morgan never should’ve been made GM and Canales was nowhere near ready to be a HC. The entire team reflects that. Tepper making terrible decisions again and again.

I seriously wonder if Tepper goes all in on terrible decisions after this disaster of a year and clears house bringing in Belichick as HC/GM for next year. Then we suck with him too since the league has passed him by and he will take a mac jones 2.0 QB for us 1st overall. This team doesn’t stand a chance for at least 3-4 more years and that’ll only be if Tepper decides to finally remove himself from the decision making process and leaves the front office hiring decisions up to a consulting firm. But he doesn’t have that kind of humility, and never will.

They need to see what they have in Canales. Talk about putting a guy in a losing situation, Bryce can’t play. Let Canales have at least a second season with his choice of QBs.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Joe Bear said:

There are a lot of problems. Tepper's No. 1. You can bench Young, cut him, do whatever, and the root cause of the issues is still there. Young is a major issue and so is an abject lack of talent (due in large part to "trade every good player for draft picks and then use the draft picks on busts" strategy) on the defensive side of the ball.

I’ll say this again, you’d be amazed what a difference a competent QB would make. The team does NOT believe in Bryce and I don’t think even Bryce believes in Bryce at this point. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m fine with sticking with Canales for 3 seasons once he gets a chance to pick the QB. He’s young and for that reason alone I’m fine with giving him time to figure it out. But Bryce is not it. 

I don't really care. He could finally be ready in 3 years. He just looks like a sacrificial pawn to bring in and fix Bryce. I like some things about him but I could name a handful of guys to throw a giant contract and the choice of the #1 pick that would be a giant improvement over next year.

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

We have to take another worst team in the NFL season on the chin. Maybe Canales shows he’s the guy for the future once he’s rid of Bryce who obviously can’t play in the NFL. With that #1 overall pick, you can take the top QB prospect, and bench him for a season. There’s hope if they finally build the team the right way. No trading future resources, no forcing the issue, just keep searching for a franchise QB in the draft until we get one and then build the rest of the roster along side with later draft picks. 

I may be in a nursing home by then

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

So who are we hiring next? An orange theory coach?

Get rid of Bryce 

Hire a legit NFL OC to actually run our O. 

Start with the painfully obvious.  We got a cheerleader HC calling our plays….that was a meh 1 year OC.

It’s like we try to be bad by design.  All our errors are obvious going in