• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The problem is Tepper (obviously) and Bryce.

hepcat

David Tepper’s hand picked diminutive weak armed QB does not have the support of the team. It’s obvious. The players don’t believe in him. And honestly I’m not sure even Bryce believes he can play in the NFL. He looks scared and shook. Even with Bryce’s supposed high football IQ, he can’t even properly identify a blitz and move the RB to the correct side to pick it up. 

Bryce doesn’t need more time, he can’t play in the NFL. We’ve seen what, ONE game out of 17 now that he showed anything close to a respectable performance? Against what was the worst passing defense in the NFL at the time?

Tepper needs to get serious about humbling himself and sailing off on his yacht while the football professionals handle the team building. He doesn’t know better than even a common fan, maybe even less so since many fans knew CJ Stroud was a clearly superior prospect to Bryce, and needs to stay far away from the next QB selection. I am waiting to see how the rest of the season shakes out to pass any judgement on Canales but I think he deserves another season with a new QB room with his input. It’s a far fall from the fight the team showed under Steve Wilks unfortunately. 

Bryce can start the rest of the season if they want to tank for #1 overall but also tank ticket sales. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see a high number of different starting QBs this season, some that aren’t even on the roster yet. It’s bleak boys. But if they FINALLY draft a top prospect with real NFL physical traits, like Quinn Ewers, they might turn this around. It’s going to take the owner truly stepping away from everything, and moving on from an obvious bust in Bryce Young. 

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Not much even needs to be said anymore. 

We have and continue to suck.

Can’t change the owner but you can change what you watch football wise and what you do on Sundays.

You’d be surprised what a difference a competent QB would make. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

It’s wayyyyyyyyy more than Bryce. Every single aspect of this team sucks. Bryce being maybe the worst at the most important position, yes. But this team has zero redeemable aspects. And it all starts up top with the guy running the show and with his hands all over every single decision. Tepper. I honestly am not sure I can ever root for this team again as long as he is owner. Never thought I’d even consider it but I may just become a fan of another afc team until Tepper sells. This is such a joke. Worst team owner in the history of professional sports worldwide.

• Pie 3

Just now, t96 said:

It’s wayyyyyyyyy more than Bryce. Every single aspect of this team sucks. Bryce being maybe the worst at the most important position, yes. But this team has zero redeemable aspects. And it all starts up top with the guy running the show and with his hands all over every single decision. Tepper. I honestly am not sure I can ever root for this team again as long as he is owner. Never thought I’d even consider it but I may just become a fan of another afc team until Tepper sells. This is such a joke. Worst team owner in the history of professional sports worldwide.

We have to take another worst team in the NFL season on the chin. Maybe Canales shows he’s the guy for the future once he’s rid of Bryce who obviously can’t play in the NFL. With that #1 overall pick, you can take the top QB prospect, and bench him for a season. There’s hope if they finally build the team the right way. No trading future resources, no forcing the issue, just keep searching for a franchise QB in the draft until we get one and then build the rest of the roster along side with later draft picks. 

• Pie 1

Bryce sucks, don't get me wrong.  But this entire team BLOWS.  Like there are maybe, maybe, 4 good players.

Brown, ummmmm who else?  Horn got scorched by Shaheed.  Like really, who else can we say with a straight face is a legitimate high-level starter on this team?  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

It's Tepper and everything he touches on the football side. He needs someone to manage everything and to stay back and let them work. Everyone reports to him and no matter how much they change it up it stays the same. Failing isn't the worst, not accepting failure and finding another path is. Tepper needs to be dragged harder for all of this. A GM that was part of the problem last year. A HC that isn't close to ready to try and compete. 

• Poo 1

Just now, hepcat said:

We have to take another worst team in the NFL season on the chin. Maybe Canales shows he’s the guy for the future once he’s rid of Bryce who obviously can’t play in the NFL. With that #1 overall pick, you can take the top QB prospect, and bench him for a season. There’s hope if they finally build the team the right way. No trading future resources, no forcing the issue, just keep searching for a franchise QB in the draft until we get one and then build the rest of the roster along side with later draft picks. 

Agreed, which is why we need to stick with Bryce.  He looks like the ultimate tank commander.  I don't think Dalton gets us the #1 overall pick... well this team is so bad that he probably could.  But Bryce guarantees it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

It's Tepper and everything he touches on the football side. He needs someone to manage everything and to stay back and let them work. Everyone reports to him and no matter how much they change it up it stays the same. Failing isn't the worst, not accepting failure and finding another path is. Tepper needs to be dragged harder for all of this. A GM that was part of the problem last year. A HC that isn't close to ready to try and compete. 

I’m fine with sticking with Canales for 3 seasons once he gets a chance to pick the QB. He’s young and for that reason alone I’m fine with giving him time to figure it out. But Bryce is not it. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

Agreed, which is why we need to stick with Bryce.  He looks like the ultimate tank commander.  I don't think Dalton gets us the #1 overall pick... well this team is so bad that he probably could.  But Bryce guarantees it.

Nah, I want to at least be able to watch the games this year.  Put in Dalton and see if it makes a difference. 

Edited by HardcoreHokie

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Dude it’s not just Bryce, he’s a symptom not a root cause. Morgan never should’ve been made GM and Canales was nowhere near ready to be a HC. The entire team reflects that. Tepper making terrible decisions again and again.

I seriously wonder if Tepper goes all in on terrible decisions after this disaster of a year and clears house bringing in Belichick as HC/GM for next year. Then we suck with him too since the league has passed him by and he will take a mac jones 2.0 QB for us 1st overall. This team doesn’t stand a chance for at least 3-4 more years and that’ll only be if Tepper decides to finally remove himself from the decision making process and leaves the front office hiring decisions up to a consulting firm. But he doesn’t have that kind of humility, and never will.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

It will be interesting to see how the team handles Bryce this year. There’s really no doubt, Bryce can’t play in the NFL. It’s reaching insane levels waiting for him to show literally anything NFL caliber. He should be out of the league in 2 seasons and perhaps he goes into coaching. He’s obviously a nice guy and could hang around the NFL in some capacity but it’s obvious it shouldn’t be on the field in a uniform.