• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Saints Game Day Thread

Zod

9 hours ago, strato said:

I will only say that Lewis was MIA a lot so what was the big progress they were going to make? They simply didn’t have the starting OL together until the damned opener. Not happy about at all but what can you do?

Because 1 of them isn't available the other 4 can't work together? Nah. It wasn't just the OL though - not playing the starters at all appeared to be a mistake from the start and yesterday's performance sure supports that opinion.

Doesn't matter at this point though. The bar has been set and we'll see if Canales can get the trendline pointing up from here.

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Because 1 of them isn't available the other 4 can't work together? Nah. It wasn't just the OL though - not playing the starters at all appeared to be a mistake from the start and yesterday's performance sure supports that opinion.

Doesn't matter at this point though. The bar has been set and we'll see if Canales can get the trendline pointing up from here.

I guess my point is, preseason wasn't going to do it to the degree it needs doing. Whether or not they got their time in preseason, it was going to extend into the season and for much of it. 

I guess I am falling behind, because the truisms that were held by about everyone don't seem to be holding. Such as, it takes time to judge young WRs, OLs need reps as a unit for continuity, two examples. 

I am not sure how much was lost, but if you will accept that I accept we lost something... just less than what you think... we can move on. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, strato said:

I guess my point is, preseason wasn't going to do it to the degree it needs doing. Whether or not they got their time in preseason, it was going to extend into the season and for much of it. 

I guess I am falling behind, because the truisms that were held by about everyone don't seem to be holding. Such as, it takes time to judge young WRs, OLs need reps as a unit for continuity, two examples. 

I am not sure how much was lost, but if you will accept that I accept we lost something... just less than what you think... we can move on. 

All fair, and to use your foundation my point is/was that the staff being amenable to losing any progress at all in this manner given the circumstances is unfortunate.

17 minutes ago, IamSoIceCold said:

Anyone have a stat from yesterday on how long Bryce had to throw the ball?  

I dunno but on this pick he had like at least 4 seconds and multiple open targets to throw the ball to

Edited by Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

When is the press conference today? I thought we used to have them at noon on Mondays.

I want to see if it's all still sunshine and good vibes with Mr. Canales.

He's probably still in his Monday meeting with Tepper.