• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Saints Game Day Thread

Zod

56 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Look at every position. There's plenty of suck to go around so unearth the ugly truth.

Personally, I thought the Oline played well.  Except for the Taylor sacks on blitzes from the outside, Bryce mostly had time.   And those sacks were on the backs, or scheme, or Bryce himself. In fact, the most depressing thing about the passing attack today was that Bryce had time, and still played terribly. 

Didn't get to see enough of the run game to judge.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Personally, I thought the Oline played well.  Except for the Taylor sacks on blitzes from the outside, Bryce mostly had time.   And those sacks were on the backs, or scheme, or Bryce himself. In fact, the most depressing thing about the passing attack today was that Bryce had time, and still played terribly. 

Didn't get to see enough of the run game to judge.  

Run game is going to be a non factor unless Brooks comes in and is the second coming of Walter Payton.....

Hubbard is a JAG and we dont have any kind of passing game to back guys off

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Run game is going to be a non factor unless Brooks comes in and is the second coming of Walter Payton.....

I thought Miles Sanders was running hard today. 

But If the passing game continues to be as bad as it was today, we could have Earl Campbell back there and it wouldn't help.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yeah I thought the same of Sanders the RB. Something to prove, there.

The OL made a couple of fugups with doubling inside and leaving a guy unblocked. clearly remember Corbett and pretty sure it was between him and Hunt.

But that is to be expected and is something that can be fixed. 

8 minutes ago, strato said:

Yeah I thought the same of Sanders the RB. Something to prove, there.

The OL made a couple of fugups with doubling inside and leaving a guy unblocked. clearly remember Corbett and pretty sure it was between him and Hunt.

If you are referring to the Taylor sacks on blitzes, not really sure that is on the oline.  There was one were someone, Sanders I think, went in motion and into the backfield, leaving Taylor alone. And I think Taylor had the option to blitz himself when he was uncovered.  The announcers blamed the QB, but I am not so sure.  

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

We never really committed to the run though either. Didn't have time, turned around and down 20pts.

• Pie 1

Previous poster from years back but I can’t remember my old login. Coming back to say this is the lowest of lows. Clausen era was horrid but we had a defense and the team played with heart. This is out right abysmal. We deserve better for still being here and attempting to support this clown show. Bring on the alien invasion.

• Pie 2

44 minutes ago, strato said:

If only there had been an opportunity for the starters to play together and work those kinks out before today. Something that happened *before* the season... a preseason, if you will, where the intent is for players to develop rapport on the field and familiarize with the scheme.

Everybody Loves Raymond Romano GIF by TV Land

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

If only there had been an opportunity for the starters to play together and work those kinks out before today. Something that happened *before* the season... a preseason, if you will, where the intent is for players to develop rapport on the field and familiarize with the scheme.

Everybody Loves Raymond Romano GIF by TV Land

I will only say that Lewis was MIA a lot so what was the big progress they were going to make? They simply didn’t have the starting OL together until the damned opener. Not happy about at all but what can you do?

Just finished the replay. Goddamn man. The funny thing is for a staff that keeps preaching growth, there’s literally nothing to learn from this game. That’s a game you burn the tape because nothing constructive can be done with it. I guess you can only go up from here but we’ve been saying that for years and they keep proving us wrong. 

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, RJK said:

Just finished the replay. Goddamn man. The funny thing is for a staff that keeps preaching growth, there’s literally nothing to learn from this game. That’s a game you burn the tape because nothing constructive can be done with it. I guess you can only go up from here but we’ve been saying that for years and they keep proving us wrong. 

When people were saying it couldn’t get any worse, I knew we were in for it.

• Beer 1