• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Saints Game Day Thread

Zod

It was bridgewater, it was Darnold.   It was Baker, It is now Bryce.   

Fitterer gutted this program with bad decisions and bad contracts.

To get Bryce, we traded our #1 WR and #1 pick.

Tepper has been overseeing this the entire time. 

Bryce had time today--he was scrambling because he was mentally soft ans scared to make a play...He did not pick up blitzes.  He does not anticipate WRs before they are open.  He had at least 10 unforced errors.

Our ILBs are not good--the were reactive and did not stop runners in the hole. 

Clowney is a front runner.  He plays hard in contract years and when he is on a good team.  Leota was our best OLB today.

Our safeties were slow to react and did not cover their TEs effectively.

Our special teams sucked

Sanders sucks

Clock/game management sucked

Bright spots?

Leota did not suck.

Mike jackson played hard.

XL caught 3 balls and was probably the leading WR.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

It was bridgewater, it was Darnold.   It was Baker, It is now Bryce.   

Fitterer gutted this program with bad decisions and bad contracts.

To get Bryce, we traded our #1 WR and #1 pick.

Tepper has been overseeing this the entire time. 

Bryce had time today--he was scrambling because he was mentally soft ans scared to make a play...He did not pick up blitzes.  He does not anticipate WRs before they are open.  He had at least 10 unforced errors.

Our ILBs are not good--the were reactive and did not stop runners in the hole. 

Clowney is a front runner.  He plays hard in contract years and when he is on a good team.  Leota was our best OLB today.

Our safeties were slow to react and did not cover their TEs effectively.

Our special teams sucked

Sanders sucks

Clock/game management sucked

Bright spots?

Leota did not suck.

Mike jackson played hard.

XL caught 3 balls and was probably the leading WR.

A thielen was solid like always. Byoung just was so bad missed so many openings and slow to read react to anything

15 minutes ago, beo said:

Lol fug this league dude. Stop supporting them. The NFL's boys club forcing Tepper onto us after fuging us out of the Super Bowl is the reason we're in this mess in the first place. Stop giving them your attention and definitely don't watch games through official means if you can help it. I'm just out on the league if a day ever comes where I finally renounce my Panthers fandom. Supporting another team is wack IMO. 

I completely agree.

Ultimately to each his own. But IMO folks running around wearing other teams jerseys or actively pulling for second teams were never really Panthers fans to begin with.

It's Panthers or the league is dead to me. Straight up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, strato said:

Quarterback school! 

Where are you folks excusing the QB because it is everyone else’s fault? 

You’re on. Start bullshitting. 

This game has to be hard for the young defenders even the ones with complete alabama blinders 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

@Icege get in here!

Had to let my wife suffer on the PC today to catch her game (Giants).

But holy poo did I suffer in the recliner. Ended up turning it off at halftime with a, "Jesus Christ, this kid fuging sucks."

All Bryce had to do was not look overwhelmed. I understand that it's a new regime, but the QB looked like the biggest issue on the offense today. Protection + weapons were nowhere near as bad as last season but somehow Bryce was worse than he was under Reich/Tabor and that is alarming to say the least.

It was one thing working with not having the physical skillset of other guys, but to not show... well... anything? It might still be too early, but that 62-sack rookie season might have broken any chance he had in the league.

The only rationalization (or coping, as the unstable like to say) is that this is a new head coach with one year of play calling experience, so now we're going to get to experience those growing pains as well as those that come with a second year QB following an atrocious rookie season. If this is what we're seeing every week, burn it all down. If there starts to be some semblance of competent football though then the front office is going to have to set them up for success. That might not be with Bryce should today's trend continue.

The kid can still throw more than 40yds and the folks pretending otherwise are still dipshits though! I SAID WHAT I SAID. c('.'c)

• Beer 2

You lose a team fast like this.  How hard and precise do you think your WR run their routes when they never see a catchable ball?  Sure there are some pros with pride like AT, but we have some other cats on this team like DJ that already have a history of getting mouthy about not getting balls.  An opening blowout like today puts a lot stress on an already fragile situation.  Canales pinch myself routine is already old, he needs to work on his second book… How I quit binge drinking TWICE!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

I completely agree.

Ultimately to each his own. But IMO folks running around wearing other teams jerseys or actively pulling for second teams were never really Panthers fans to begin with.

Well I never said I was going to do any of that but if I want to pull for Miami to win I will.  I stopped caring about what people think long ago.  The Panthers are painful to watch and I like NFL Sundays so whatever 

Edited by Shocker

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

Had to let my wife suffer on the PC today to catch her game (Giants).

But holy poo did I suffer in the recliner. Ended up turning it off at halftime with a, "Jesus Christ, this kid fuging sucks."

All Bryce had to do was not look overwhelmed. I understand that it's a new regime, but the QB looked like the biggest issue on the offense today. Protection + weapons were nowhere near as bad as last season but somehow Bryce was worse than he was under Reich/Tabor and that is alarming to say the least.

It was one thing working with not having the physical skillset of other guys, but to not show... well... anything? It might still be too early, but that 62-sack rookie season might have broken any chance he had in the league.

The only rationalization (or coping, as the unstable like to say) is that this is a new head coach with one year of play calling experience, so now we're going to get to experience those growing pains as well as those that come with a second year QB following an atrocious rookie season. If this is what we're seeing every week, burn it all down. If there starts to be some semblance of competent football though then the front office is going to have to set them up for success. That might not be with Bryce should today's trend continue.

The kid can still throw more than 40yds and the folks pretending otherwise are still dipshits though! I SAID WHAT I SAID. c('.'c)

No one cares about you acting enlightened after you’ve shouted down any criticism for months and actively insulted people’s intelligence for daring to be skeptical about Bryce.  Sure he can heave it 40 yards, just 8 yards off target.  You can keep trying to defend your terrible takes all you want.  I’d rather you just do the brainless job of embedding other people’s thoughts and collecting pie.

Edited by Newtcase

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

I completely agree.

I've been a Panthers fan since day 1 and I don't have to cheer for this shitshow in order to be a legit fan. I can enjoy other teams being run well and enjoy watching good football and not feel guilty.

Tepper does not know how to run an NFL franchise. This franchise is being run into the ground. Tepper is the problem with the Panthers organization and until that is somehow resolved, I have no hope this ship ever rights itself. 

So until such time as Tepper is out of operations at Panthers HQ, I'll enjoy watching other teams succeed. When Dave is gone, I'll be back.