• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Saints Game Day Thread

Zod

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

This is just categorically false.  No team is set back 4-5 years by missing on a pick.  You only do that if you trade up to get it.

Literal nonsense

Bears with Fields (no, our ineptitude bailing the Bears out doesn't make it one that worked out)

Patriots with Mac Jones

Steelers with Pickett

Giants with Daniel Jones

Jets with Darnold

Washington with Dwayne Haskins

Bucs with Jameis

Titans with Mariota

If you miss on a Top 10-15 QB, it screws your franchise for years trying to replace them unless you get super lucky before that 4-5 year mark, like the Bears with us or the Jets with Rodgers.  Those other teams have all been trying to solve their QB situation since those picks, and only Washington and the Bears seem to have found long term solutions since then, maybe.

Edited by tukafan21

5 minutes ago, beo said:

Lol fug this league dude. Stop supporting them. The NFL's boys club forcing Tepper onto us after fuging us out of the Super Bowl is the reason we're in this mess in the first place. Stop giving them your attention and definitely don't watch games through official means if you can help it. I'm just out on the league if a day ever comes where I finally renounce my Panthers fandom. Supporting another team is wack IMO. 

Completely agree. Piss on the concept of "second favorites" and "backup teams". The NFL doesn't deserve that option.

• Pie 1

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Literal nonsense

Bears with Fields (no, our ineptitude bailing the Bears out doesn't make it one that worked out)

Patriots with Mac Jones

Steelers with Pickett

Giants with Daniel Jones

Jets with Darnold

Bucs with Jameis

Titans with Mariota

If you miss on a Top 10-15 QB, it screws your franchise for years trying to replace them unless you get super lucky before that 4-5 year mark, like the Bears with us or the Jets with Rodgers.  Those other teams have all been trying to solve their QB situation since those picks, and only Washington and the Bears seem to have found long term solutions since then, maybe.

None of those teams are good examples.  They weren’t set back by those picks alone.

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

None of those teams are good examples.  They weren’t set back by those picks alone.

what?!?!?

None of those teams have franchise QBs and the only one of them to be contenders since those picks were the Bucs, who are that "lucky" example for falling ass backwards into Brady.

I just listed off all the teams who missed on top of the draft QBs, none have been good since then except the Brady lead Bucs, but sure, just dismiss that because they had other problems.

If they hit on the QB, odds are their other problems don't cause them to suck like they have been.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Literal nonsense

Patriots with Mac Jones

Steelers with Pickett

Giants with Daniel Jones

Jets with Darnold

Bucs with Jameis

Titans with Mariota

The problem is franchises don’t give up on high picks as soon as they should.  We had no issue walking away from Matt Corral quickly.  But because of the capital invested in Bryce we have to suffer far longer than we should.  

• Pie 4

Just now, tukafan21 said:

what?!?!?

None of those teams have franchise QBs and the only one of them to be contenders since those picks were the Bucs, who are that "lucky" example for falling ass backwards into Brady.

I just listed off all the teams who missed on top of the draft QBs, none have been good since then except the Brady lead Bucs, but sure, just dismiss that because they had other problems.

If they hit on the QB, odds are their other problems don't cause them to suck like they have been.

We could have replaced Bryce last draft if we didn’t trade up to get him.  You’re wrong.  I’m done arguing with a wall.

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

We could have replaced Bryce last draft if we didn’t trade up to get him.  You’re wrong.  I’m done arguing with a wall.

Yes and no

If we didn't trade for Bryce, we don't end up with the #1 pick and able to take Caleb.  With a serviceable QB last year, we probably end up in the 8-10 range of the draft

Trading up screws you even more, but missing on a Top 10-15 QB sets you back years no matter what (well, unless you're like the 49ers who missed because of a trade up when you already had an elite team put together of course).

And if you're saying if we ended up with the #1 pick originally and took Bryce, then yea, we could have replaced him with Caleb.  Which would be a VERY rare circumstance to where that miss was SOOOOO bad, that it immediately set you up to replace him.

There's a reason I left Sam Rosen off that list, like I said, it sets you back unless you luck into a good situation like they did with Kyler that next year.  I'd rather do things the right way instead of hoping we luck into a better situation.

Edited by tukafan21

14 minutes ago, VintagePanther said:

Caleb Williams played like Bryce young today and his team still won . Yeah Bryce is ass but we have a culture problem and it’s not because of Bryce lol 

Team goes as the QB goes it's always been this way.

We literally drafted this kid because of his leadership. People even cited his father being a psychologist.

Dude is literally the lowest energy starting QB I've seen in a long time. We were sold a false bill of goods. Just admit defeat and move on. From there our culture might get better if we get a QB who at least wants to get better and not hide out for a month and watch Netflix or go shopping for clothes after one of the worst statistical seasons for a rookie QB in decades.

Edited by frankw