• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 General NFL thread

14 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If it's a long term knee they either need a new QB or we're definitely not picking first next year

I’ve seen people mention Tannehill but I’d just ride it out with Willis. If he looks good you can trade him, if he doesn’t GB will actually have a high pick for the first time in a while. Hopefully it’s nothing serious and this is all for nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This Brazil game was so dumb. So after the injury they had a 2 hour bus ride back to their hotel and then a 9 hour flight home before they could even do an MRI. Isn't it a bad idea to fly right after an injury like that?

My guess is they had enough resources to confirm it wasn’t serious enough to limit air travel but not to do the full scope 

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This Brazil game was so dumb. So after the injury they had a 2 hour bus ride back to their hotel and then a 9 hour flight home before they could even do an MRI. Isn't it a bad idea to fly right after an injury like that?

It is not exactly the best thing to do, no.

33 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ve seen people mention Tannehill but I’d just ride it out with Willis. If he looks good you can trade him, if he doesn’t GB will actually have a high pick for the first time in a while. Hopefully it’s nothing serious and this is all for nothing. 

Willis is terrible.  Absolutely terrible.  

They're better off with pretty much any other QB.  

If it's a 4-6 weeker (best case scenario), they absolutely grab someone else.  If it's a season ender, they still should.  He has no awareness to even use his speed effectively, no feel for the QB position.  If they even get to one game with him, I think it will be so bad they will have to change for the betterment of the locker room.  

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

International games are money bringers but I personally hate them.  Can't believe the goal is for every team to have 1 international game per year.  I get it, but the forced global reach is straining.  

I think it would be much cooler if they focused on enriching the existing fanbases--- have 1 game as a "home away from home" game.  I.E. - Falcons in Athens, Packers at Camp Randall, Panthers at Kidd Brewer, etc.   

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

If it's a 4-6 weeker (best case scenario), they absolutely grab someone else.  If it's a season ender, they still should.  He has no awareness to even use his speed effectively, no feel for the QB position.  If they even get to one game with him, I think it will be so bad they will have to change for the betterment of the locker room.  

Cam

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

If it’s not season ending then yeah that changes things. I mean they traded for Willis (yeah a 7th rounder) and immediately put him over last year’s backup. I was reading Willis looked better in TC this year. My point is if Love is out for the year there is not need to trade or sign some vet that keeps them around 500. Roll with Willis and either he looks good which would turn him into trade bait or he will suck and they get a game changer in the draft. I’m all for boom or bust vs treading water.