• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With roster turnover a new norm, building chemistry a daily process

Honestly, I love this approach, and I think it is the only right one to take when your team finished as the worst in the league last year. If you are on a poor roster, you should never feel secure. It promotes energy, effort, and focus of all the guys that come in.

And I love that they are bringing in so many different guys to see if they can help us more than just this game or just this year. I never understood why we weren't doing this every year, especially with the practice squad. Get closer looks at guys and you might find someone valuable. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, XClown1986 said:

Honestly, I love this approach, and I think it is the only right one to take when your team finished as the worst in the league last year. If you are on a poor roster, you should never feel secure. It promotes energy, effort, and focus of all the guys that come in.

And I love that they are bringing in so many different guys to see if they can help us more than just this game or just this year. I never understood why we weren't doing this every year, especially with the practice squad. Get closer looks at guys and you might find someone valuable. 

I agree. To find gold you have to shake away all the sand. 

4 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

I get what you are saying but this won’t build a winning team. Drafting well is the only way we get better. That’s it, simple.

Worrying about bringing in some guy to threaten TMJ did nothing to make our WRs better. Picking the right guys, like Creed Humphrey instead of TMJ would. Drafting a guy who works hard even though he knows he’s the starter is fine. Our projects haven’t succeeded because they were pushed  they failed because they weren’t really good enough to start in the NFL.

At the end of the day, guys like Addison, Norwell and maybe Philly are once every few years guys and still don’t make a large enough difference to jump from bad to contending. It makes a nice story but most of the PS/end of the roster guys are going to have no real impact on how good a team we are.

• Beer 1