• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How to Watch the Games

KBRed

5 hours ago, therealmjl said:

I usually just turn Hulu Live back on during the season. 

I tried antenna for preseason but you forget how frequently you need/want to pause and rewind games and with just an antenna you can’t do that. 

My damn digital antenna buffers like a mother fuger.  That technology didn't need messed with

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

If nfl+ is mobile only and gets you the game you need I regularly use AirPlay and stream my iPad through my tv with no problem. Could obviously use your phone but using the tablet keeps my phone freed up during the game so it doesn’t restrict by ability to complain on this site real time…

I’ve tried to mirror with the phone and it’s blocked. So, you are saying you can use the NFL app through the iPad and mirror?

1 hour ago, KBRed said:

I’ve tried to mirror with the phone and it’s blocked. So, you are saying you can use the NFL app through the iPad and mirror?

Per the NFL, mirroring isn't supported.  I'm guessing that the previous commenter was saying they AirCast *other* content from their device, and not specifically NFL+

https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/5405818220060-Can-I-cast-live-games-from-NFL-or-NFL-Premium-to-my-television

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, KBRed said:

Unfortunately didn’t know nfl was that uptight to block airplay… I guess my idea doesn’t work in this case. That seems ridiculous to me. But hey we are talking about the league that charges an arm and a leg to pay for Sunday ticket where the average buyer doesn’t care about 95% of the games they are playing for 

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

Unfortunately didn’t know nfl was that uptight to block airplay… I guess my idea doesn’t work in this case. That seems ridiculous to me. But hey we are talking about the league that charges an arm and a leg to pay for Sunday ticket where the average buyer doesn’t care about 95% of the games they are paying for 

Roger Goddell in a recent interview:

Goodell claimed the NFL’s broadcast policies are “as fan-friendly as you can get” while reiterating the universal availability of live, in-market games for fans 

“Every game in those home markets, it is shown on free television,” Goodell said. “Eighty to 90 percent of our games are shown on free television, and that’s far and away more than any league worldwide

Sunday Ticket is not for a local fan wanting to watch their local team. It's for the uber-sports fan (or sports bars, which is a different story) or an out-of-market fan who can't/won't go to a sports bar

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/roger-goodell-broadcast-policies-fan-friendly.html

1 hour ago, KBRed said:

Does anyone know if you can watch the game via the Fox app without a TV subscription?

Unsure. If you're in market and don't have a cable package, you might want to break out an antenna just in case it doesn't

I have been able to watch CBS games remotely with a paramount+ subscription (don't recall if it was a local broadcast game or not, but P+ does do geoblocking)

Edited by PanthersATL
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Unsure. If you're in market and don't have a cable package, you might want to break out an antenna just in case it doesn't

I have been able to watch CBS games remotely with a paramount+ subscription (don't recall if it was a local broadcast game or not, but P+ does do geoblocking)

Confirmed: yes, but cable login required

https://help.fox.com/s/article/Can-I-watch-NFL-games-on-FOX

• Pie 1