• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Season Opener: Chiefs-Ravens

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He’s also not gonna survive taking hits like he did tonight.  He finishes runs like a back.  He’s not Cams size

I don't see it being sustainable regardless of size. The hits are accumulative.

41 pass attempts and 16 rushes? If they want to compete for the championship they need to get Henry going. You signed a workhorse back let him work.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

that Xavier Worthy had a real nice debut game.  Much like preseason, Andy Reid's gameplan is to design touches for the young player to get him involved in his O early. 

I mean real real nice debut, I’m hoping for half of that production from XL even a little less but definitely something.

4 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I mean real real nice debut, I’m hoping for half of that production from XL even a little less but definitely something.

I guess my real point is, it's not so much Worthy.....it's a staff that wants to ensure he is involved.  Which you saw in the preseason.   His first touch of the game is the best example.  

Think that will be a big part of why XL gets criticism.  Saw it the preseason.  Reid would have got the ball  XLs hands.  100%. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He’s also not gonna survive taking hits like he did tonight.  He finishes runs like a back.  He’s not Cams size

I think he let the criticism of the AFC CG go to his head. He probably should've finished runs more aggressively in that game but the playoffs are a different beast. You have to manage the risk in the regular season. 3rd down in the 4th quarter of a close game? Okay, maybe now is the time to roll the dice. 1st and 10 in the 1st quarter? Calm down. Get down or get OB.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he let the criticism of the AFC CG go to his head. He probably should've finished runs more aggressively in that game but the playoffs are a different beast. You have to manage the risk in the regular season. 3rd down in the 4th quarter of a close game? Okay, maybe now is the time to roll the dice. 1st and 10 in the 1st quarter? Calm down. Get down or get OB.

I was just listening to Cam on Shannon Sharp and Ochocinco’s podcast discussing how he let all the noise of him “not jumping on the fumble” fuel him in 2016 into that play where he chased down the DB in San Diego after the goal line interception and injured his shoulder (to dispute the lack of effort claims) - and the rest is history.

You are probably spot on here, athletes get obsessed and fueled by talk and fighting down narratives much to their detriment at times.

Jackson needs to let it go and just play his game.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 4

Gotta feel sorry for the AFC. NFC hasn’t had a team like the Patriots/Chiefs in decades and even then it wouldn’t last more than a few seasons. 
AFC was so glad when Brady left the Patriots only to find out the Chiefs are just continuing the legacy of being Super Bowl contenders every year. 

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Hopefully the Saints can blow the coverage on a go route like the Ravens did.

I agree I dam sure hope they do but you have to have the blocking hold up and the QB to quickly read a react do we have the players to mimic what we saw last night?