• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers RB Miles Sanders injured a finger at Wednesday’s practice

I had those thoughts. Like, surely this guy looked better than what we saw, for them to sign him. So maybe there was an issue and he would show better this year. 

But his eyes, man, he would pass by space to stick his head into a mess. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, strato said:

I had those thoughts. Like, surely this guy looked better than what we saw, for them to sign him. So maybe there was an issue and he would show better this year. 

Panthers were just trying to do something flashy after trading away CMC for peanuts.  So they overpaid a commitee RB...despite Philly telling us he had bad hands, ran bad routes, and had horrible vision. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, strato said:

Having a great offensive line can make almost any NFL back look like a star.  That Philly line were absolute road graders.  The tush push was basically unstoppable that season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Having a great offensive line can make almost any NFL back look like a star.  That Philly line were absolute road graders.  The tush push was basically unstoppable that season.

You are all about that tush push.

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yeah my preferred approach is to have the OL tight and then an average back can do really well. I'd rather spend the money up front than in the back. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

Yeah my preferred approach is to have the OL tight and then an average back can do really well. I'd rather spend the money up front than in the back. 

OL is always a good investment.  They can make your QB and RB look better plus give your WRs more time to get open plus help TOP.  

• Beer 2

On 9/4/2024 at 8:29 PM, WarPanthers89 said:

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Panthers running back Miles Sanders injured his finger in Wednesday’s practice when he hit it on a helmet. Sanders had his finger wrapped afterward and was headed to get it examined but expects to be ready for the season opener, Steve Reed of the Associated Press reports.

“Sucks this happened before Week 1,” he said.

Coach Dave Canales also said he expects Sanders to play.

Chuba Hubbard beat out Sanders for the job early last season, but both backs will have roles at least until rookie Jonathon Brooks returns. Brooks tore an ACL in November while at the University of Texas.

Sanders had 156 touches for 586 yards and a touchdown last season, his first with the Panthers.

Tight ends Tommy Tremble (hamstring/back) and Ian Thomas (calf) did not practice Wednesday, prompting the Panthers to sign tight end Messiah Swinson off the Packers’ practice squad.

Backup tackle Yosh Nijman (tibia) was limited.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/panthers-rb-miles-sanders-injured-a-finger-at-wednesdays-practice

Journey Of Course GIF

• Flames 1

15 hours ago, DeeJay said:

Just trade him to Dallas already

I can't imagine Dallas or anyone else wanting his big ass contract for his production level last year. I'm sure other teams see the film and as well are putting it all together that he looked good running behind a very good line only. I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to trade for him and his contract either. Terrible to give him that contract in the first place.

• Pie 1