• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton and Tuttle have contracts restructured - $10.7M added to cap space

Memphis

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Spotrac numbers are in for Moton at least, We now have about $6m in cap space, Moton's number for 2025 is now up to $35M then he's off the books after that. Only a couple hundred thousand in dead cap next year after almost $50M this year so that helps absorb that blow

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/_/year/2024/sort/cap_total

Man when was the last time we only had a couple hundred thousand in dead cap money? At least that is kind of promising. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Spotrac numbers are in for Moton at least, We now have about $6m in cap space, Moton's number for 2025 is now up to $35M then he's off the books after that. Only a couple hundred thousand in dead cap next year after almost $50M this year so that helps absorb that blow

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/_/year/2024/sort/cap_total

They pushed the cap hit to 2025?   I'm confused

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think it was one of the only ways they could be compliant with the cap by the deadline for 2024

If true then our cap is truly fuged.  Ill look in more detail tomorrow but I thought they would pay him the 30 this year and could take the 12 cap hit next year and save 18 million 

Now they are stuck paying 35mil next year?   Holy poo

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But they could have released him and saved 18 million.  It's a bit weird to push the money trying to help this season 

They can cut him next year and save $13M of that if they really feel comfortable replacing him somehow but I doubt it. Who would start at RT this year if we had cut him?

• Pie 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

They can cut him next year and save $13M of that if they really feel comfortable replacing him somehow but I doubt it. Who would start at RT this year if we had cut him?

Not this year in 2025

And from the link above he is now fully guaranteed 35 mil unless I read it wrong.   I am on my phone so it's entirely possible 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not this year in 2025

And from the link above he is now fully guaranteed 35 mil unless I read it wrong.   I am on my phone so it's entirely possible 

OTC is easier to read but it's not updated yet. Spotrac says for 2025 his dead money would be $22M, i'm assuming that we would save the other $13M by cutting him but yeah gotta wait for OTC to do their update