• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton and Tuttle have contracts restructured - $10.7M added to cap space

Memphis

22 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

You keep saying this like its true when its not. He has been our best lineman and would have made multiple pro bowls and all pro selections if on another team that hasnt been complete trash. The media has always overlooked us even in our best years. If you put him on the cowboys, packers, or any other darling, yeah he would considered one of the best RTs in the game.

I’m not saying he’s bad.  But you can’t pay guys like him and Shaq and Chuba Hubbard and expect to win.  They’re good players but they’re not cornerstones.  It’s silly.

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Moton's deal has never been bad if you really look at the final cost of the deal.  The team never added money to his deal ala Trent Williams.  The deal has given us the opportunity to maneuver cap space since he first signed.  Don't get caught up in the cap number.  He has started 100 straight games at a high level.  That is the type of player we need to pay.

Agreed, its a big hit this year, but overall not bad.  

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And hopefully they put the rest of it in the bank so to speak in case we need to make some moves during the season.  

Man, we trying to win here. I say restructure everyone and shoot for the playoffs baybee!!!!

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

You forgot one

1478250063_Screenshot2024-09-04at8_30_09PM.png.45cb422965f142602a46418d15ef8b05.png

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Still though, not a huge drop-off and he's still in the solid green and considered "High Quality" Player by PFF Standards all but 2022. That's a pro-bowl level Tackle, and top 10 RT.

Of all the players on the line, he is the least concerning for one reason or other.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Still though, not a huge drop-off and he's still in the solid green and considered "High Quality" Player by PFF Standards all but 2022. That's a pro-bowl level Tackle, and top 10 RT.

Of all the players on the line, he is the least concerning for one reason or other.

Again I'm not saying he's a bad player.  He's a good player.  But you can't pay every good player like they're a great player.  That's my point.  That's it.  I don't know why we have so much trouble as a fanbase accepting this reality.

I hope it works out, but in my opinion you draft guys like Robert Hunt and you let teams like the Panthers give them 100 million dollar deals.  You don't use those picks on what we've used them on.  That's been our biggest problem forever.  Paying the wrong guys at the wrong time.  It goes back beyond Jake and double trouble.

• Pie 3

Last thing I’ll say because I’m not trying to throw virtual hands at the only other people that can tolerate Panthers fandom.

i don’t think the deal we signed Moton to in 2020 was bad.  But if we’re talking about extending a 30+ year old Moton in 2025?  I’m triggered unless it’s really cheap.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Last thing I’ll say because I’m not trying to throw virtual hands at the only other people that can tolerate Panthers fandom.

i don’t think the deal we signed Moton to in 2020 was bad.  But if we’re talking about extending a 30+ year old Moton in 2025?  I’m triggered unless it’s really cheap.

He just turned 30. Trent Williams is 36 and got a 3 year extension. 30 isn’t that old for a vet OL. Now I would not pay him after this extension (if offered) past age 34. If his contract reflects his play I’m good. Not top of the league but a solid starting RT salary. It’s nice to have a solid piece of the OL not to worry about. Plus he has had few injuries so far. 

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 4