• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton and Tuttle have contracts restructured - $10.7M added to cap space

Memphis

Jesus F

That Tuttle contract was bad enough right from the jump

As a few of us talked about yesterday they really didn’t have a ton of options outside of Moton. Not something I wanted to see happen but realized their back were up against the wall

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Evil Hurney said:

And if we don't spend it, it rolls over and offsets their cap hits next season.

6 of this 10 million was to get back under the salary cap. 6 million has already spent. I think we were at 6 after cutting Chassion

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Jesus F

That Tuttle contract was bad enough right from the jump

As a few of us talked about yesterday they really didn’t have a ton of options outside of Moton. Not something I wanted to see happen but realized their back were up against the wall

OTC has the hypothetical restructures clearing $2M from Tuttle and $8M from Brown, they don't have them factored into the actual cap yet. It does have us at -$4.5M after the Rhattigan/Chaisson moves

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

OTC has the hypothetical restructures clearing $2M from Tuttle and $8M from Brown, they don't have them factored into the actual cap yet. It does have us at -$4.5M after the Rhattigan/Chaisson moves

Ah right I forgot Rhattigan was restructured as well, thanks

• Pie 1

Unless they added void years to Moton’s deal, he’ll have a cap hit of nearly $39m next season in the final year of his current deal. I’d assume an extension coming after the season if he maintains his level of play. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

His play hasn’t been as good since 2020.  He’s really not that great.  Not bad but unremarkable.  He’s not worth paying like a cornerstone m.

You keep saying this like its true when its not. He has been our best lineman and would have made multiple pro bowls and all pro selections if on another team that hasnt been complete trash. The media has always overlooked us even in our best years. If you put him on the cowboys, packers, or any other darling, yeah he would considered one of the best RTs in the game.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1