• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Reporter and Bucs Analyst predictions on wins plus breakout players

3 minutes ago, strato said:

I am going to say most of the top QB prospects are freaks to some degree. Pretty sure you don't want 'not a freak'.

Also just want to say, talk about defending every blade of grass, you might be playing against Mike Vick. 

And you'd better spy him so that takes another guy out of coverage. 

• Beer 1

And we thought he was small I think. He had those 'break me' little thin ankles that those fast people tend to have. 

I hated that guy. 

edit: and to parlay on to this, I am pretty sure Vick was one of the very few successful trading up high for a QB guys.

edit again: yeah he needed spying on so much that we took a guy 14th overall just to do that.

Edited by strato

38 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah there's plenty of others, I was just giving Tr3ach a clip of the throw he was trying to remember. Unfortunately NFL is now cracking down on Twitter videos now that Musk monetized it so it's getting harder to find clips that will play embedded in the browser, any video stamped official NFL opens an X browser or takes you to the app now 

Good take with a bad video to match it. X stinks now which is saying a lot vs the Twitter standard pre-Musk. No worries here but I thought it was funny you showed 1 video out of many that didn't help prove your point. 

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

vick was a freak; that's the point.

i've had masters level gross anatomy i can explain the concept of muscle insertion points and shoulder capsules to you at another time, if you'd like.

one of my favorite pieces of sports trivia is that vick was the number 2 highschool recruit coming out of virginia. the guy ahead of him was considered by many to be the biggest high school recruit of all time. without looking, who can remember who that was?

Ronald Curry. That Achilles ruptured completely changed him as an athlete. He was the #1 ranked recruit in football and basketball. Won the McD AA dunk contest and I can't recall him ever dunking a ball in college. Achilles tears eventually ended his NFL career where he actually became a pretty good WR and had one of the best TD catches o can recall. I think he ended up having three total Achilles tears. Speaking of anatomy, something had to be going on there.

Played at UNC with Peppers.

14 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

And you'd better spy him so that takes another guy out of coverage. 

And don't touch him along the sidelines or that's another 15 yards. Vick put you in an awful spot as a defender. He could tightrope that sideline and if you pulled up he'd squirt down the field staying in bounds but if you committed to the hit he'd step out of bounds and get 15 more anyway.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And don't touch him along the sidelines or that's another 15 yards. Vick put you in an awful spot as a defender. He could tightrope that sideline and if you pulled up he'd squirt down the field staying in bounds but if you committed to the hit he'd step out of bounds and get 15 more anyway.

peppers knew how to deal with that bullshit. rodgers had pulled it earlier in the game

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

peppers knew how to deal with that bullshit. rodgers had pulled it earlier in the game

Peppers and then TD showed how to turn his spy into a real problem for him. 

6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

And he would make that spy look like a fool. lol  

Until TD. That was one reason they drafted him and they won both games TDs rookie year vs Atlanta. 24-6 and 44-11.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

vick was a freak; that's the point.

i've had masters level gross anatomy i can explain the concept of muscle insertion points and shoulder capsules to you at another time, if you'd like.

one of my favorite pieces of sports trivia is that vick was the number 2 highschool recruit coming out of virginia. the guy ahead of him was considered by many to be the biggest high school recruit of all time. without looking, who can remember who that was?

Lanny Poffo Wwe GIF

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanna see him try to pull it off against a pack of rabid pit bulls while wearing a steak necklace

Dude he did his stretch at Leavenworth and has dedicated his life to working with at risk youth since that moment. 

vick fuged up but I don’t know what else he can do. 

• Beer 1