• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are over the cap

If they truly want to leave Moton’s deal alone, they could squeak just under the cap by cutting Rhattigan and restructuring Corbett’s deal which already has a void year so could spread the prorated bonus over 2 years. Believe that would give us a dead cap figure of ~$5.6m for Corbett in 2026 which isn’t so bad given we’re projected to have gobs of cap space that year. 

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Looking forward we only have about $30M in cap room for 2025...That's before they figure out a couple restructures before Thursday evening. 

Can get that figure over $70m with a few simple moves (simple restructures of Brown, Hunt and cutting Theilen post 6/1, Sanders, and Wonnum). 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Why does everyone think it’s his last year? I’ve seen this now a few times.

Hes under contract next year. 

IMG_1099.thumb.png.1bb752fc04749c9651390b58913e8cba.png

Moton seems to be battling injuries all year long for the last few seasons. They haven’t extended/restructured him for a reason imo. 

I think they want to ride this one out. Especially this season. If he performs well this year then revisit it but as of right now the smart thing to do is let it play out. 

If by some miracle Bryce looks like an NFL QB this year I think we’ll probably go OT in the draft 

Moton hasn't missed a game since he became the starter in 2018 and hasn't missed an offensive SNAP in 6 years. I have seen you bring that up in multiple threads now and I disagree that injuries are a factor at all.

Also, he has performed as our best O-Lineman pretty much each and every year, he has nothing to prove. He's been a pro bowl caliber Tackle his entire career, he has just played on some really shitty teams so he doesn't get national recognition.

I have no idea why he isn't being restructured but injuries probably aren't it, and he is good and consistent enough to warrant an extension. For all we know Moton is planning on retiring at the end of his contract or something.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Moton, for his size, has been unbelievably healthy over the course of his career. He's not playing as well as he used to, but he's had a great career. 

Being over the cap is kind of astonishing. No CMC, no Burns, Young on a rookie deal, no flashy superstars. I think this is the all time low point of the franchise. Even with Pickles we were dreaming about drafting Andrew Luck, and then Cam. There was plenty to be excited about back then. Now? We've got a long 17 game season of Bryce Young, and Dan Morgan trying to find a QB in the upcoming draft. I'm not feeling good about the situation at all.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

Moton, for his size, has been unbelievably healthy over the course of his career. He's not playing as well as he used to, but he's had a great career. 

Being over the cap is kind of astonishing. No CMC, no Burns, Young on a rookie deal, no flashy superstars. I think this is the all time low point of the franchise. Even with Pickles we were dreaming about drafting Andrew Luck, and then Cam. There was plenty to be excited about back then. Now? We've got a long 17 game season of Bryce Young, and Dan Morgan trying to find a QB in the upcoming draft. I'm not feeling good about the situation at all.

If this isn't the low point yet, I am gonna hate to see what it ends up being.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Moton hasn't missed a game since he became the starter in 2018 and hasn't missed an offensive SNAP in 6 years. I have seen you bring that up in multiple threads now and I disagree that injuries are a factor at all.

Also, he has performed as our best O-Lineman pretty much each and every year, he has nothing to prove. He's been a pro bowl caliber Tackle his entire career, he has just played on some really shitty teams so he doesn't get national recognition.

I have no idea why he isn't being restructured but injuries probably aren't it, and he is good and consistent enough to warrant an extension. For all we know Moton is planning on retiring at the end of his contract or something.

Because he’s 30 years old and he gets an absurd amount of vet days so that he can play on Sunday’s

I think they see this and know restructuring him is only going to bite them in the ass in a couple of years 

What else could possibly be the reason then? 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Because he’s 30 years old and he gets an absurd amount of vet days so that he can play on Sunday’s

I think they see this and know restructuring him is only going to bite them in the ass in a couple of years 

What else could possibly be the reason then? 

30 mil is an insane number for a RT that is going to be over 30 no matter how many games he has played.  I think the panthers just want to get through this season with his contract and figure out what to do then.  They could cut him or extend him after this year.  But they are kindof backed into a corner with him for 2024

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

30 mil is an insane number for a RT that is going to be over 30 no matter how many games he has played.  I think the panthers just want to get through this season with his contract and figure out what to do then.  They could cut him or extend him after this year.  But they are kindof backed into a corner with him for 2024

Which is why I said they could revisit after this year pending how it goes. Seeing how Moton holds up. It makes sense to come back to this after this year but at some point they need to take on the bulk of his contract and that point is now

• Pie 2