• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are over the cap

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't really give a crap about the cap.  Looking at teams that win consistently, I am not even sure if it matters.  But in the end, if we win, they can get close to the red line every year.  And if we lose, don't care how far under it we are.  

That's the point you should give a crap about the cap because if mismanaged it leads to things like today

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, SOJA said:

^^^^^

Absolutely remarkable how little talent this team has to have a salary cap this fuged 

In my opinion, we upgraded our talent on the offensive side at least.  Both the Oline and the WR group should be better than they were last year.  Whether this translates into more wins is anyone's guess, but they certainly made some efforts.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

In my opinion, we upgraded our talent on the offensive side at least.  Both the Oline and the WR group should be better than they were last year.  Whether this translates into more wins is anyone's guess, but they certainly made some efforts.  

Agree. I don't know how anyone can look at this roster and think it's worse than last season-at least on paper. 

2 hours ago, frankw said:

The cap situation has been brewing for awhile now. Things weren't going to change overnight. But at the same time for the sake of your own sanity it was always best to approach this situation with the mindset that fair or not the onus is on Dan Morgan to prove he is markedly different from Scott Fitterer. And before anyone chimes in on some he inherited this talk. Well. He participated in everything that transpired. Heavily. We're just going to have to wait and see if the wins come along. They better.

He bit the bullet on a couple of guys that took a chunk. Hurst, somebody else. Morgan's first year, he wanted them gone apparently. Okay.

And this sort of stuff isn't really that damning, I don't think. They'll fix it without too much harm done. Maybe none. 

9 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

No worries. I was told that Chiefs guy is a magician with the cap…

You know they had to godfather offer him, cause this is the biggest cap mess in the league.

They owe millions and have the least talent, as bad as it gets...

27 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Agree. I don't know how anyone can look at this roster and think it's worse than last season-at least on paper. 

I don't see how anyone can say its not better than last year, at least on the offensive side.  I mean we don't have a lot of big name players, but improvement on the oline usually doesn't come with big name players.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

27 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't see how anyone can say its not better than last year, at least on the offensive side.  I mean we don't have a lot of big name players, but improvement on the oline usually doesn't come with big name players.  

Diontae Johnson is actually pretty good. He's respected around the league as a high level route runner. Overall looks like an average receiving corps now, with an average to above average oline.

Just my opinion... I think the defensive line is greatly improved. Burns is a feast or famine splash player. All or nothing. Mostly nothing. If nothing else, Clowney is a huge upgrade against the run. A'Shawn is another big upgrade. He and Brown should be a problem for teams to run inside against. Any combination of Josey, Shaq or Wallace appear to be at least as good as Luvu and whoever else they marched out there next to him. The secondary is at worst a wash. Could be a lot better if Horn stays healthy and the new Jackson is probably an upgrade. All is on paper though. Now up to coaches to put it together on GameDay. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It takes real effort to have the worst cap situation in the league and still have one of the worst overall rosters in the league, all this accomplished with a QB on a rookie contract. That's truly special stuff right there. LOL

Fitterer will never be a GM again

• Pie 5

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It takes real effort to have the worst cap situation in the league and still have one of the worst overall rosters in the league, all this accomplished with a QB on a rookie contract. That's truly special stuff right there. LOL

SMH...LOL. Truly a cluster fug at almost every facet of this org.

Edited by Johnstonny

55 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Diontae Johnson is actually pretty good. He's respected around the league as a high level route runner. Overall looks like an average receiving corps now, with an average to above average oline.

Just my opinion... I think the defensive line is greatly improved. Burns is a feast or famine splash player. All or nothing. Mostly nothing. If nothing else, Clowney is a huge upgrade against the run. A'Shawn is another big upgrade. He and Brown should be a problem for teams to run inside against. Any combination of Josey, Shaq or Wallace appear to be at least as good as Luvu and whoever else they marched out there next to him. The secondary is at worst a wash. Could be a lot better if Horn stays healthy and the new Jackson is probably an upgrade. All is on paper though. Now up to coaches to put it together on GameDay. 

I certainly think you could be right.  And the receiving corps could actually be above average if Mingo or Leggette become significant contributors.  Of course, the key to all this is Young.  But we will see.