• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are over the cap

Just now, Tbe said:

It’s interesting they didn’t do this earlier.

Last year of his deal. Makes me think they wanted the option to move on after this season.

Believe this is the 2nd to last year of his deal. He's under contract in 2025. I think they may opt to do a max restructure and add void years to the end of the contract, otherwise his cap hit next season would be ~$38m. 

43 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Look for the Panthers to do a simple restructure of Moton. Cutting Chaisson and restructuring Moton's deal to bring his base salary down to the league min this year will get the Panthers under the cap.

If they haven't done it yet then they seem to want to ride it out.   He's probably gone in2025

45 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s interesting they didn’t do this earlier.

Last year of his deal. Makes me think they wanted the option to move on after this season.

Why does everyone think it’s his last year? I’ve seen this now a few times.

Hes under contract next year. 

IMG_1099.thumb.png.1bb752fc04749c9651390b58913e8cba.png

Moton seems to be battling injuries all year long for the last few seasons. They haven’t extended/restructured him for a reason imo. 

I think they want to ride this one out. Especially this season. If he performs well this year then revisit it but as of right now the smart thing to do is let it play out. 

If by some miracle Bryce looks like an NFL QB this year I think we’ll probably go OT in the draft 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If they haven't done it yet then they seem to want to ride it out.   He's probably gone in2025

I'm just not quite sure what else they can do to get into cap compliance. Cutting Rhattigan frees up another ~$3m but still leaves them about $3m over the cap and typically teams like to have a few million of breathing room on the cap going into the season. I suppose they could extend Diontae but figure if that was going to happen they would've done that already.

Someone mentioned cutting Ian Thomas but he's in the final year of his deal so that would all be dead money on the cap with no cap savings. More likely they'd cut Tremble as that would save ~$3.1m against the cap. Just not a lot of moves available besides a Moton restructure (e.g. cutting Woods saves $4.5m against the cap but I don't think they're planning on doing that).

I saw they just waived Tyler Smith off IR but that only saved ~$470k.

17 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I'm just not quite sure what else they can do to get into cap compliance. Cutting Rhattigan frees up another ~$3m but still leaves them about $3m over the cap and typically teams like to have a few million of breathing room on the cap going into the season. I suppose they could extend Diontae but figure if that was going to happen they would've done that already.

Someone mentioned cutting Ian Thomas but he's in the final year of his deal so that would all be dead money on the cap with no cap savings. More likely they'd cut Tremble as that would save ~$3.1m against the cap. Just not a lot of moves available besides a Moton restructure (e.g. cutting Woods saves $4.5m against the cap but I don't think they're planning on doing that).

I saw they just waived Tyler Smith off IR but that only saved ~$470k.

Jeez I’m looking now and there truly aren’t many options…

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/carolina-panthers

If they cut Moton and Wonnum next year that’ll gain us 25 million in cap

Gotta think they haven’t restructured Moton for a reason but you’re not kidding when you say there aren’t many other options 

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Jeez I’m looking now and there truly aren’t many options…

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/carolina-panthers

If they cut Moton and Wonnum next year that’ll gain us 25 million in cap

Gotta think they haven’t restructured Moton for a reason but you’re not kidding when you say there aren’t many other options 

Thats the plan for moton it seems.  I seriously doubt that they value a slightly above average RT at age 32 paying him basically 30mil per.  If he would do a salary cut then it would be a different story but actions are telling at this point.  Dude is making a lot of money as a RT.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It takes real effort to have the worst cap situation in the league and still have one of the worst overall rosters in the league, all this accomplished with a QB on a rookie contract. That's truly special stuff right there. LOL

^^^^^

Absolutely remarkable how little talent this team has to have a salary cap this fuged 

• Beer 2