• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers cut Chaisson

18 hours ago, Craig Cartner said:

The SKY is falling! What we gonna do??

18 hours ago, rayzor said:

Lot of whiny babies in here.

18 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For real.

Over K'lavon Chaisson.

If our depth is as bad as you all say it is at Pass rusher, just think about how bad he must have actually been.

It's not chaisson being cut, its the miss-manage with the cap and timing of the cut. Panthers gave the guy 1 million in guarantees and news comes out they are 8 mill in the red. 

Timing wise, he's been here for all the OTAs, mini, TC etc. He even made it past the big cut and now days before the week one.... at the weakest spot??

FYI - if you take away clowney the Panthers have ZERO NFL sacks on the the roster at OLB. ZERO. If you add up DTs and LBs, is what 3.55 form 2023? I think 87 year old Troy hill is #2 in sacks or maybe Shaq is. Still the fact is the team struggles with sacks and that was with luvu&BB.  

Awful timing(theme for them), terrible cap management, and zero sacks for the group. 

Edited by Basbear

3 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I was like “Adam Thielen is a legit sleeper”

He was WR 60 and he was our #1 last year.

Man that hit me like a fresh pack of ZA, our one ranked 60th got d…. Yea I’m expecting Bryce to look light years better with the new additions a real number one WR who could potentially get big YAC early and often. Guards who can block and a coach who understands modern NFL philosophy. We’ll know what’s what Sunday around 4.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Last time they played a game that counted, Moton was probably the best OL out there for the Panthers. 

That's what I know.

Hopefully he isn't any more, let's hope he is the floor. But how much are you supposed to pay your OL? Getting pretty 'up there'.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Basbear said:

It's not chaisson being cut, its the miss-manage with the cap and timing of the cut. Panthers gave the guy 1 million in guarantees and news comes out they are 8 mill in the red. 

Timing wise, he's been here for all the OTAs, mini, TC etc. He even made it past the big cut and now days before the week one.... at the weakest spot??

FYI - if you take away clowney the Panthers have ZERO NFL sacks on the the roster at OLB. ZERO. If you add up DTs and LBs, is what 3.55 form 2023? I think 87 year old Troy hill is #2 in sacks or maybe Shaq is. Still the fact is the team struggles with sacks and that was with luvu&BB.  

Awful timing(theme for them), terrible cap management, and zero sacks for the group. 

How was it mis-managed? They made waiver claims that changed the cap situation. Saying it was mis-managed is just talking out your ass. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t, you have no clue. What we do know is Chaisson did absolutely nothing with his considerable opportunities both here and Jacksonville, was not worth his contract, and is easily replaced for less money. Also, Wonnum is supposed to be the starting OLB on the other side of Clowney so there’s your other sacks on the roster, he just happens to be injured but he’ll be back.

We knew depth would be an issue all off-season and they are dealing with it the best they can as far as I can tell but there’s only so much that can be done because of that salary cap you seem very concerned they be under at all times. You don’t like where the cap money is distributed and that’s really all this is, it’s not like they’re 50m under refusing to address needs. Too early to crucify this regime for dealing with the hand dealt by the last. I for one am more than happy they invested in OL at the expense of some defensive depth because the most important thing to evaluate this season is whether we have a franchise QB.

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Also throw in when you are a bottom tier team you have to take some risks and slightly overpay to attract some players. Unfortunately that’s part of it. 

Nobody gets a discount.  It's rare but sometimes a ring chaser will give a discount.  >90% of the time they go where the money is.  That's free agency.  That's why drafting is so critical.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 1