• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 rankings

NAS

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think that LSU team could of hung with NFL team that featured a really bad defensive front and had horrible QB play.  Not saying they would have won.   But Burrow, Chase, and JJ showed as rookies they were already top tier NFL ready essentially as college players. 

well, they were probably pros then too at LSU. 

Anyhow, the College All Stars won some. 

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think that LSU team could of hung with NFL team that featured a really bad defensive front and had horrible QB play.  Not saying they would have won.   But Burrow, Chase, and JJ showed as rookies they were already top tier NFL ready essentially as college players. 

They could have hung for a quarter if they go fairly lucky.

No college team is beating any college team. 

Remember how dominant Derrick Brown was in college? Remember how pedestrian he was his first 2-3 years in the NFL? Now imagine him playing against an 18- 22 year old kid now. It would be illegal. They'd call the game before he killed someone's child.

Edited by Navy_football
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

No college team is beating any college team. 

Remember how dominant Derrick Brown was in college? Remember how pedestrian he was his first 2-3 years in the NFL? Now imagine him playing against an 18- 22 year old kid now. It would be illegal. They'd call the game before he killed someone's child.

The biggest difference is the lines. The worst NFL DL would completely own the best college OL. Same for OL vs DL. The NFL team would simply run the ball at will, then gain like 300 yards and control the clock. 

It's like when you navy or Campbell or Harvard vs one of the big programs. Be like 72-3 for the terrible NFL team.

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

The biggest difference is the lines. The worst NFL DL would completely own the best college OL. Same for OL vs DL. The NFL team would simply run the ball at will, then gain like 300 yards and control the clock. 

It's like when you navy or Campbell or Harvard vs one of the big programs. Be like 72-3 for the terrible NFL team.

Come on Basbear, don't lump us with the Ivy League.

Yes they normally beat us. Sometimes pretty bad but never like that. Heck Navy has beaten Notre Dame like 4 times in the last 20 years. Last time being 2016. They only beat us by 3 in 2022.

The bigger point is fully developed grown professionals going against kids in college. Too big and strong. Literally men against children. 

• Beer 2

12 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Come on Basbear, don't lump us with the Ivy League.

Yes they normally beat us. Sometimes pretty bad but never like that. Heck Navy has beaten Notre Dame like 4 times in the last 20 years. Last time being 2016. They only beat us by 3 in 2022.

The bigger point is fully developed grown professionals going against kids in college. Too big and strong. Literally men against children. 

My honestly reason for naming navy or any military unit, is reinforcing the grave difference at the lines. You dont see any 300 LBer best I recall(PT), while even big HS have a couple ones. Best i recall, the triple option was used to combat this difference and it shocked those big schools a couple times in history. Paul Johnson running that was fine art in motion. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My honestly reason for naming navy or any military unit, is reinforcing the grave difference at the lines. You dont see any 300 LBer best I recall(PT), while even big HS have a couple ones. Best i recall, the triple option was used to combat this difference and it shocked those big schools a couple times in history. Paul Johnson running that was fine art in motion. 

Paul Johnson was the OC when I was there. Charlie Weatherbie was the HC and Ken Niumatalolo was my running backs coach. They all came my sophomore year. That'll age me!

17 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Paul Johnson was the OC when I was there. Charlie Weatherbie was the HC and Ken Niumatalolo was my running backs coach. They all came my sophomore year. That'll age me!

Was Paul running his triple option during??

20 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Oh yeah! We ran Power I before they came. Square peg, round hole. Went to the Aloha Bowl the second year they got there. 

Did it feel like something special was taking place??

I fuging love watching it blowing up a more talented defense. It had answers and counters and "simple", then BOOM 75 yard break away. 

Like I said art in motion!

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Did it feel like something special was taking place??

I fuging love watching it blowing up a more talented defense. It had answers and counters and "simple", then BOOM 75 yard break away. 

Like I said art in motion!

I ran wing t in high school. Same thing. Actually Navy runs the wing t now.