• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Decade of First Round Draft Picks

kungfoodude

On 9/3/2024 at 9:54 AM, Gapanthersfan said:

Hurney through draft and free agency put some DUDES on this team, and largely kept them here. Hardy going psycho may have cost us a Super Bowl. With him still on the team,  we don’t lose that game. He got us Norwell. Prohel Jake, Ginn, Olsen kalil, Kris, agent 58, kuechly, hardy, and probably many more that I can’t remember. Leaders. Winners. Guys who never quit. Fox. He kept many past their prime but we had an identity. 

Wait, are you counting the Ginn family as a win?

7 hours ago, mccjeff said:

I mean, as frustrating as he was, yes. However he’s getting the history wrong, hurney was fired in 2012, ginn joined the team in 2013 and 2015 which means it was a gettleman signing. He had 10 TDs in 2015, which is a credit to what a monster Cam was at that time

• Pie 2

On 9/2/2024 at 3:44 PM, kungfoodude said:

This was spawned by looking up how Shaq Thompson stacked up in the 2015 draft.

Using PFR's weighted Approximate Value.

2023: Bryce Young, Drafted #1, Ranked #21

2022: Ikem Ekwonu, Drafted #6, Ranked #27

2021: Jaycee Horn, Drafted #8, Ranked #89

2020: Derrick Brown, Drafted #7, Ranked #17

2019: Brian Burns, Drafted #16, Ranked #16

2018: DJ Moore, Drafted #24, Ranked #11

2017: Christian McCaffery, Drafted #8, Ranked #4

2016: Vernon Butler, Drafted #30, Ranked #103

2015: Shaq Thompson, Drafted #25, Ranked #33

2014: Kelvin Benjamin, Drafted #28, Ranked #78

6 amazing 1st rounders and yes I am including Bryce.  Too bad the best 3 were traded in what can be considered as the worst trades in NFL history.  Seriously all three were incredibly stupid 

13 hours ago, mccjeff said:

How was Ginn not a win? He was a very solid deep threat with Cam throwing up him. I don't see how one couldn't claim him as a win of a singing. He wasn't going to set the world on fire as a possession receiver with good hands but one thing that guy did well was run for a bomb.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

6 amazing 1st rounders and yes I am including Bryce.  Too bad the best 3 were traded in what can be considered as the worst trades in NFL history.  Seriously all three were incredibly stupid 

I don't see much in the way of amazing. The only one that really significantly outplayed their position was Moore and it isn't what I would consider "amazing."

Of the trades one is clearly awful(Burns) because of what was on the table before.

CMC was an insanely good haul which Fitterer promptly squandered. 

The Moore trade will completely revolve around Young's career. If he becomes a franchise QB, no one will mention it as a bad trade. If Young flops, it will be a terrible trade.

• Beer 1