• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saints Game Week 1

Jackie Lee

21 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce Young’s passing line is set at 199.5 on the site I use…

Christ is that tempting even when factoring in last year 

I save my delusional optimism for other teams.  That’s an easy bet.  Take the under. 

he was below his average last year vs the Saints. They know his flaws as good as any team and slammed full of savy vets. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I save my delusional optimism for other teams.  That’s an easy bet.  Take the under. 

he was below his average last year vs the Saints. They know his flaws as good as any team and slammed full of savy vets. 

I'm betting over.... last year was last year.

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

If Bryce doesn’t break 200 passing yards there is going to be A LOT of “here we go again” noise 

For now let's not even speak it into existence. 200 is the floor after hiring Canales as far as I'm concerned.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, N'wahlinsCayenne said:

Saints fan here. I’m not an expert on the 2024 version of the Panthers by any stretch so I’ll leave that for others to post about. This year’s Saints team has big question marks at right tackle and left guard and at the No. 3 WR position, which seems to be a battle between Cedric Wilson and AT Perry. My hopes rest on the new offensive staff led by Klint Kubiak and Rick Dennison and their ability to do the best possible job at protecting the QB through scheme even with a weak O-line. Carr has said he likes and has long been an admirer of this run- and misdirection-heavy scheme, that forces him to get rid of the ball quicker and overall makes decision-making easier on him.  I’m also excited about the prospects of Kamara and Taysom Hill in the backfield at the same time. Kubiak is really our only offensive addition this year, besides first round left tackle Fuaga, and that’s who we are going all in on IMO. I’ll add that Pete Carmichael was maybe the worst and least creative play callers in the league the past few years, with a scarce amount of pre-snap motion in his scheme. 
As for the defense, I actually feel good about our pass rush with Granderson, Chase Young and Cam Jordan. We are stacked at linebacker too with the addition of Willie Gay. Feel real good about our three top corners as well.  The one possible issue is at safety opposite the Honey Badger. Second-year player Jordan Howden has yet to stand out stepping into the role manned by Marcus Maye the past few seasons. 

Nice write up and post. Hoping both teams have an injury free game and everyone stays healthy but I wouldn’t mind if a few of your guys had to stop and tie their shoes during a play or 12.  

Thanks for the detail. 

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Nice write up and post. Hoping both teams have an injury free game and everyone stays healthy but I wouldn’t mind if a few of your guys had to stop and tie their shoes during a play or 12.  

Thanks for the detail. 

I’ll add that Gay missed practice today, and it was injury related so we’ll have to see on Wednesday how serious it is and whether or not he’s going to miss any games with this mystery affliction. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m sure Chase Young will have a good game before he disappears into obscurity for the rest of the year.

Over/under at 199 for Young seems like easy money. I’m not a gambling man but if I was I’d sure as hell take the over on that. 

He’s looked like a beast in camp so far. Last year he was dealing with the neck injury that he had repaired over the offseason.