• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saints Game Week 1

Jackie Lee

Watching the canales presser and I don't know if this is a usual thing, but it seems like the first couple days of practice focus on 1st and 2nd downs and Thursday is 3rd down day? Then Friday focusing on the red zone?

Is that what I'm hearing and is this something that other teams do and we have always done? I've just never heard of this.  At least I don't remember hearing about it.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Mage said:

This game is more winnable than people think.  However, like the entire season, it largely depends on Bryce Young.  He needs to be able to make some plays.

Saints didn't bring anyone notable onto the team during the offseason.  They are old and have a bad OL, especially with Ramczyk out.  And how good will their defense be?  They are relying on a lot of older guys.  Davis is 35, Jordan is 35, Honey Badger is 32.

I'm expecting a low-scoring game.  Whoever controls the LOS best will win.  Sounds cliche but I think that will be the biggest difference in this game.  Both teams have questionable OLs, but Panthers brought in talent to upgrade there.  Saints did not.

I think their defense is a threat,  it their offense, especially the OL seems like something our D can feast on.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Mage said:

This game is more winnable than people think.  However, like the entire season, it largely depends on Bryce Young.  He needs to be able to make some plays.

Saints didn't bring anyone notable onto the team during the offseason.  They are old and have a bad OL, especially with Ramczyk out.  And how good will their defense be?  They are relying on a lot of older guys.  Davis is 35, Jordan is 35, Honey Badger is 32.

I'm expecting a low-scoring game.  Whoever controls the LOS best will win.  Sounds cliche but I think that will be the biggest difference in this game.  Both teams have questionable OLs, but Panthers brought in talent to upgrade there.  Saints did not.

Oh I agree. The Saints aren’t far off from us this year imo. This is a winnable game given that both of us are bad 

The Bucs won their first meeting with the Saints last year. Baker who led the league in deep passes (+20 yards) didn’t have a single deep pass in their win

IMG_1081.thumb.jpeg.b5a756454bb77d1deeb9afa0c79f84a3.jpeg

Their week 17 matchup the Saints were shutting the Bucs out until midway through the 4th

IMG_1082.thumb.jpeg.38f535748246cf7464a33fa1f9286dd9.jpeg

Seems like we can expect Bryce to throw it +30 times but that’s about all I took away from these charts 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

From what I gather so far every Saints fan hates Dennis Allen and Derek Carr lol. 

IMG_1083.thumb.jpeg.0a081f9f69c11c8564d5b64b771f3675.jpeg

His numbers weren’t even bad but he’s one of those guys where you have to actually watch instead of box score scout 

68.4 completion percentage 

3878 passing yards

25 touchdowns 

8 interceptions 

We’d all sign up for these numbers immediately for Bryce Young 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think their defense is a threat,  it their offense, especially the OL seems like something our D can feast on.

Yep, #4 in takeaways last year and #8 in points allowed.

people are calling them old….but we got a young/bad QB, a rookie OC and a rookie HC.   The Saints being “old” really isn’t ideal for the our matchup.  They are experienced on D vs newbies.   Got to like that matchup the most in the this game.  Our D is the 2nd best but got to think it’s a distant 2nd vs their favorable matchup

• Beer 1