• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saints Game Week 1

Jackie Lee

11 hours ago, CRA said:

No worries. Who needs a legit NFL TE that can pass pro and run block for your young QB. 

Best we could do I guess since one of those isn't going to fall out the sky for the weekend. Ian Thomas is marginal as a blocker anyhow and I still can't figure why he is on the team if it were for his blocking abilities which aren't that amazing to begin with. Hopefully these three can handle blocking and if new guy happened to look solid perhaps he should get the nod over Thomas for a few more weeks to see if he could actually develop into something since Thomas is not going to go far beyond where he has been.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:47 PM, Basbear said:

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the only lane for panthers win is running the ball and iants have top five rush defense over the last couple years.

Last two years there's been a dip in the run defense compare to the few years preceding it, however after an overhaul of the entire interior last year the run defense improved back to 4th place in scoring but were still 22nd in yards and YPC.

Bryan Bresee was 2nd on the DL in TFL (and sacks, along with 3rd in pressures) last year despite only playing less than half of all defensive snaps (48.7%) and is poised for even more playing time as the team expects him to continue his 2nd year leap.

The addition of Young will also allow for a solid rotation of him, Jordan, and Granderson (all solid run defenders) to keep each other fresh.

Willie Gay joining the front 7 also adds some sideline-to-sideline mobility against the run which also should help some from hemorrhaging yards like last year.

On 9/2/2024 at 8:32 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

Ehhhh I’m good friend with a saints fan that travels from Charlotte to NO for home games and even he said the dome is starting to feel the same effects we have with apathy. No where near as much as a home field advantage compared to 17-18 years 

It's still deafening though, especially for Week 1.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, strato said:

I always feel better after a win. So yeah. If they get blown out, then you can take my stance that week one isn't a good barometer. 

I mean, I can't get last year images out of my mind just from a few scripted plays against a second team defense.

The two finger take down sack, the strip sacks, the bailing out and throwing OB. 

I expect a lot better, but know that poo could happen because I have seen it happen. Just like those nice scripted completions. 

I think you are going to see a completely different offense. I think Bryce is going to ball out. I just worry about the sack fumbles because that’s tough to fix and defenses keyed on this after it was exposed. 

• Beer 1