• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saints Game Week 1

Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Saints have three excellent CB's I think Bryce will have trouble finding open receivers Canales is gonna have to scheme the hell outta the offense in order to put up points. 

Time for the old fox classic- run, run, pass, punt isn't a bad play......

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This game is AT NO, which maybe the biggest home field advantage in the whole league.

Gun to my head- iants by double digits

Panther fan- Stomp them!!

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the only lane for panthers win is running the ball and iants have top five rush defense over the last couple years.

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I always thought Johnson was better at run but I definitely could be wrong. It’s a bunch of young guys rotating until Wonnum comes back or someone takes the job I agree. 

Johnson has the skills to be a productive edge rusher, and Leota (when I watch) is excellent at holding the edge---Johnson is not bad at it--I just have not seen enough from either to know for sure.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, strato said:

They told Johnson straight up to set the edge, the night they took him. That was his job last year. I haven't focused on him at all this year, him taking a step could help.

I looked at SR site and they are mostly polling between 7-10 wins I think, and I don't know a ton about them but their pass rush should be a good test.

Ickey will earn his money Sunday. 

I think the Panthers have the element of surprise and game planning against us will be tough.  Quick passes to alleviate their edge pressure and I think we should run the ball a lot.  If we start that pre-snap penalty crap, game over.  I see Corbett with at least one bad snap, and I see the Panther pressure coming from inside--Brown and maybe Shaq.  I would not know how to prepare for Carolina--so maybe we get a game 1 sneak attack.

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Ickey will earn his money Sunday. 

We hope. 

And that is a lot of noise to deal with on the snap count, and yeah Corbett too. And Lewis, what's his deal? Is he up to speed and synched with his teammates? Sounded like he missed a lot.

I can foresee some real wreckage happening, it isn't too hard to imagine.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

There are just too many unknowns with our team right now for me to be able to say that we will win this game. I do however except us to look remarkably well better coached than anything we have seen in the past 5-7 years except when wilks had us looking like an NFL team again for half a season. I mainly just want to see us be able to run and execute a modern NFL offense that is able to muster more than 10 points a game. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

This game is AT NO, which maybe the biggest home field advantage in the whole league.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the only lane for panthers win is running the ball and iants have top five rush defense over the last couple years.

Ehhhh I’m good friend with a saints fan that travels from Charlotte to NO for home games and even he said the dome is starting to feel the same effects we have with apathy. No where near as much as a home field advantage compared to 17-18 years 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

If Bryce still looks like a school boy playing against grown men then yes our only way to win is running the ball.....

If Bryce steps up and can make the plays that need to be made we can win in other ways....

My in-laws are from Southeastern Louisiana, they all believe they are going to lose Sunday. They think they Saints are going to tank this year to reset everything fully from the Sean Payton era and get rid of Dennis Allen. 

My Brother-in-law who tried to fight me in my living room back during the Kyle Allen game in 2018 thinks it'll be a field goal fest.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Overall, I anticipate this being a low-scoring game. The Panthers might start strong with an impressive opening drive, showcasing some growth in their offense. However, once the initial plays are over, I expect the Saints to tighten up, making it difficult for the Panthers to find open receivers, thanks to their strong secondary. 

For the Panthers to stay competitive, they'll need to get creative with their play-calling and work harder to scheme their receivers open throughout the game. Their biggest advantage is facing this tough Saints defense away before anything is put on film, and they should make the most of that.

That said, I give the edge to the Saints, who have a more proven track record compared to Carolina. It's a tough call, but it should be an interesting game to watch either way.

11 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

My Brother-in-law who tried to fight me in my living room back during the Kyle Allen game in 2018 thinks it'll be a field goal fest.

Your brother-in-law tried to fight you in your own living room.

The disrespect! Never let another man disrespect you in your own house!

Bryce Up Son!

• Flames 1

I've been thinking about this since the end of the Buffalo game.  What kind of team do we have?

On one hand, we are a hungry team.  New coach, new culture, let's see how the positivity pays out.  By all reports, Bryce has looked great for the entire off season.  I want to see that in game.  

On the other hand, the Saints are a vet team.  An old team at the end of this current run.  Is Carr cooked?  Will Tysom Hill be the best offensive weapon for them?

I just don't know.  I think I'm 50/50 on this one.  I've gone a whole off season riding the hopim high, but I've been around long enough to see the Panthers completely poo the bed in the regular season.  My goal: to see a competent team.  I figure there will be a good degree of figuring stuff out as they go and adversity hits them in the face.

I figure we're going to run the ball a lot.  After that, I have no idea.  Maybe we can be disciplined, especially with the presnap penalties.  Hope???

• Pie 1