• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saints Game Week 1

Jackie Lee

2 hours ago, N'wahlinsCayenne said:

Saints fan here. I’m not an expert on the 2024 version of the Panthers by any stretch so I’ll leave that for others to post about. This year’s Saints team has big question marks at right tackle and left guard and at the No. 3 WR position, which seems to be a battle between Cedric Wilson and AT Perry. My hopes rest on the new offensive staff led by Klint Kubiak and Rick Dennison and their ability to do the best possible job at protecting the QB through scheme even with a weak O-line. Carr has said he likes and has long been an admirer of this run- and misdirection-heavy scheme, that forces him to get rid of the ball quicker and overall makes decision-making easier on him.  I’m also excited about the prospects of Kamara and Taysom Hill in the backfield at the same time. Kubiak is really our only offensive addition this year, besides first round left tackle Fuaga, and that’s who we are going all in on IMO. I’ll add that Pete Carmichael was maybe the worst and least creative play callers in the league the past few years, with a scarce amount of pre-snap motion in his scheme. 
As for the defense, I actually feel good about our pass rush with Granderson, Chase Young and Cam Jordan. We are stacked at linebacker too with the addition of Willie Gay. Feel real good about our three top corners as well.  The one possible issue is at safety opposite the Honey Badger. Second-year player Jordan Howden has yet to stand out stepping into the role manned by Marcus Maye the past few seasons. 

Thanks for the info. If the panthers were to even be given this information they’d promptly toss it into the shredder and proceed to attack your strengths instead of your weaknesses. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Let's do this, we don't know if we suck or not yet 

wish we didn't start the Week 1 thread with a third string player's quote that he will be missing Week 1.  Maybe this will pick up!!! Kidding--thanks for starting this thread--Sunday seems surreal at this point.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’d guess it’s DJ Johnson since Wonnum is on IR. 

They are going to rotate so it may be Leota considering first down is a running down--then bring Johnson in---just speculation.  On the other side, Chaisson needs to come in and make a statement.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

We are winning a close game on Sunday and I will be very hungover from a weekend at the Hopscotch festival in Raleigh but still getting shitfaced because it’s been so fuging long.

Welcome to my city.

Raleigh is also voted one of the best places to live in America.

Such a shame the Panthers are stuck in Charlotte. We know how to party in Raleigh.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 3

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They are going to rotate so it may be Leota considering first down is a running down--then bring Johnson in---just speculation.  On the other side, Chaisson needs to come in and make a statement.

It seems like they generally like Johnson as a run stopper, I imagine we'll be seeing lots of blitzes considering the lack of edge rushers. Evero has said in the past he's not scared to send 5/6/7 guys on certain downs. Also may be why we've been so focused on the cornerback room, shooting for more coverage sacks since we seem to be having trouble finding a true edge rusher. Same with the interior, they're probably banking on Brown and those guys to push the pocket 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I always thought Johnson was better at run but I definitely could be wrong. It’s a bunch of young guys rotating until Wonnum comes back or someone takes the job I agree. 

• Pie 1

They told Johnson straight up to set the edge, the night they took him. That was his job last year. I haven't focused on him at all this year, him taking a step could help.

I looked at SR site and they are mostly polling between 7-10 wins I think, and I don't know a ton about them but their pass rush should be a good test.

• Pie 1