• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just want to hear Neil Diamond.

Khyber53

Novel idea but just play a great song and don't worry about it having Carolina anywhere in it after winning? I'm guessing something too hard would get out of hand so just play something like Kiss by Prince (newer would be great and change it up but keep that feel) and set a celebratory mood. This song was old and flat to me back in the late 90s already. That song is what mayonnaise fugs too to make aioli. 

Edited by Waldo

Yeah I have always absolutely hated the idea of copying the Boston Red Sox and using a song written by a NYC pop songwriter about Caroline Kennedy to celebrate the victory of a football team from the south representing the Carolinas. 

I mean, do something ORIGINAL how about it?

Doc Watson was from NC.

John Coltrane was from NC. 

You have a lot to work with. 

Fact, maybe a fun fact, maybe not. Brooklyn if you were old enough to have heard Charlie Daniels' 'The South's Gonna Do it Again' Carolina is in fact referred to as Caroline lol. I remembered it when I read your post. And it was referencing SC, but same difference wth the Carolina thing

It was a song about all the 'Southern Rock' bands from the early '70s.

Got a cool guitar riff in it. Looked it up. The second line of the 1st verse"

And the Tucker boys are cookin' down in Caroline

On 9/2/2024 at 9:02 AM, Khyber53 said:

I just want to hear Neil Diamond sing "Sweet Caroline" at the end of Panthers games and hear the crowd singing happily along.

Is it too much to ask for nine or ten of those this year?

We're owed it.

Neil deserves it.

I don't.  I hate that song with a burning passion.  My blood boils and I cringe when I hear it.  That being said, I'll begrudgingly endure it for a win.

21 hours ago, strato said:

Yeah I have always absolutely hated the idea of copying the Boston Red Sox and using a song written by a NYC pop songwriter about Caroline Kennedy to celebrate the victory of a football team from the south representing the Carolinas. 

I mean, do something ORIGINAL how about it?

Doc Watson was from NC.

John Coltrane was from NC. 

You have a lot to work with. 

Fact, maybe a fun fact, maybe not. Brooklyn if you were old enough to have heard Charlie Daniels' 'The South's Gonna Do it Again' Carolina is in fact referred to as Caroline lol. I remembered it when I read your post. And it was referencing SC, but same difference wth the Carolina thing

It was a song about all the 'Southern Rock' bands from the early '70s.

Got a cool guitar riff in it. Looked it up. The second line of the 1st verse"

And the Tucker boys are cookin' down in Caroline

who copied whom?

The National Football League's Carolina Panthers have played the song as a victory song at all home games since 1996. In 2020, the Panthers played the song to an empty Bank of America Stadium in honor of all front-line workers in the COVID-19 pandemic.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Caroline

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

who copied whom?

The National Football League's Carolina Panthers have played the song as a victory song at all home games since 1996. In 2020, the Panthers played the song to an empty Bank of America Stadium in honor of all front-line workers in the COVID-19 pandemic.[

I did not know that, obviously. Good one CC.

I will quit saying that. 

Still hate the fuging song lol. Still would prefer they'd put something together with stuff by native Carolinians. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

who copied whom?

Is this the mandela effect?  I had no idea.  Probably because every time I see us play, we lose.  And I'm old enough to remember this.

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Is this the mandela effect?  I had no idea.  Probably because every time I see us play, we lose.  And I'm old enough to remember this.

they played that in Clem first game I went to, I thought it was lame

tho I have found myself singing the few parts I can remember over the years at times

• Pie 1

I can't quite listen to the whole thing. But..

You could do the Stand and Cheer song over a more modern beat and take out the melody so there isn't one, and it would be just like a lot of the stuff on the radio. 

Do it it like that horrible hybrid country hip hop style that I cannot abide, the fans might eat it up. 

Change 'cheer' to 'represent' or something. That type of thing... 

8 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

they played that in Clem first game I went to, I thought it was lame

tho I have found myself singing the few parts I can remember over the years at times

Everyone hated it but it's kind of endearing now.  They should have stuck with it imo.  It sucks but if you play it for long enough people may grow to like it.