• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so are we done with the "answer is on the roster" era?

rayzor

Yeah....we still have BY at QB, but it seems like we've moved past that for the most part. Still not sure why Ian Thomas is still around aside from being an OK blocker, but this coaching staff and FO seem intent on getting in here who they think fits their idea and aren't afraid of letting go of people who don't.

Good example is what they did in the secondary with waivers. They worked hard with a crew of DBs through training camp and preseason and then figured that we'd just rather go a different direction.

You may not like the choices, but the fact that they aren't sitting back and just trying to make it work with whoever we got and are intent on doing what we can to make the roster better.

We aren't a team resting on its pathetic laurels. We have a team that is, instead, actively working to get better and taking every opportunity to make that happen, even if it means giving up on guys like TMJ.

I'm not saying that the team is fixed or we've got all the answers, but I am saying that we're working towards and getting it figured out.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah....we still have BY at QB, but it seems like we've moved past that for the most part. Still not sure why Ian Thomas is still around aside from being an OK blocker, but this coaching staff and FO seem intent on getting in here who they think fits their idea and aren't afraid of letting go of people who don't.

Good example is what they did in the secondary with waivers. They worked hard with a crew of DBs through training camp and preseason and then figured that we'd just rather go a different direction.

You may not like the choices, but the fact that they aren't sitting back and just trying to make it work with whoever we got and are intent on doing what we can to make the roster better.

We aren't a team resting on its pathetic laurels. We have a team that is, instead, actively working to get better and taking every opportunity to make that happen, even if it means giving up on guys like TMJ.

I'm not saying that the team is fixed or we've got all the answers, but I am saying that we're working towards and getting it figured out.

Yea I agree. BY was drafted number 1 so that gets you 2-3 years on any team. If it doesn’t work out after that I do feel like they will move on. I do think he will be fine as long as the line is solid. He will never be Mahommes but will be better than last year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yep.  It's interesting to see how different things are.  I wonder how much headbutting Dan and Fitterer did over the years here?  Just a different approach, and I HOPE (that terrible word!) that this signals a change in our fortunes as a team.

Was that the approach under Fitterer or Rhule though? Their philosophy seemed to be one man's trash is another man's treasure basically. Bare in mind Dan Morgan was here through most of that.

With Morgan now all that really matters is if he can draft very well. That's the only true way to build going forward.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 7

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Was that the approach under Fitterer or Rhule though? Their philosophy seemed to be one man's trash is another man's treasure basically. Bare in mind Dan Morgan was here through most of that.

With Morgan now all that really matters if he can draft very well. That's the only true way to build going forward.

Fitterrer and Rhule were obsessed with RAS. Their philosophy was draft athletes and then teach them to play.

Problem is they either couldn't teach or drafted guys who couldn't learn. Either way, you need to select good old fashioned football players at some point.

• Pie 7

I feel like that philosophy was more in reference to in-season injuries/challenges where the question was always if they would go sign XYZ player off the couch or play their depth. In that regard no, it probably isn't.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Fitterrer and Rhule were obsessed with RAS. Their philosophy was draft athletes and then teach them to play.

Problem is they either couldn't teach or drafted guys who couldn't learn. Either way, you need to select good old fashioned football players at some point.

And I believe Morgan stated he wanted football players. Guys that love it. So we'll see. I think he knows what that mindset looks like.