• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3rd oldest team in NFL

CRA

13 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The difference is so marginal, this ranking seems limited in usefulness.  Hit me with the median and the mode.

Uh oh, we got a stats guy up on here, yall. J/k, I think this is a very good point. If there are 32 teams, but the variance is a year then it doesn't mean anything.

• Pie 1

Some of those 30 year olds, the non special teamers are headed out of here after this season. 

How many guys that we can project as sticking for 2025 are 29 now might be interesting to look at. 

Edited by strato

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Probably not that much 

49% of the roster is 27 and above

It’s no big deal but I think it does sort of highlight how the Panthers live in a no man’s land in terms of vision and planning.  The win now and rebuilding all at the same time approach which has been the “plan” ever since Rhule.  

we should of rebuilt when Ron left.  We never committed to such 

“Win now” vs “rebuilding” has more to do with money/contracts/assets than simply age of roster. Even rebuilding teams need vets to help develop the younger guys. I don’t think there’s anything inherently contradictory about a team who is rebuilding/“retooling”, but has the 3rd or 5th or w/e oldest roster. It’s not that reductive.

That's why I say we are not even rebuilding yet , we have no foundations to build on 

We are just existing in a perpetual cycle of suckage , with no hopes of anything changing 

We traded away the most gifted offensive player we had since Cam, and passed on the next Mahommes/Manning 

If there ever was a cursed Franchise, the David Tepper Panthers are it , and we are going to have to suffer the penalty of irrelevant football for the foreseeable future 

It's never too early to start looking torward the draft, because it's permanent off-season in Charlotte 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan