• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Only way to measure success this season...

NAS

3 hours ago, strato said:

More like beers. I thought about it though and decided what I am hearing is Canales' high pitched tenor voice, combined with his hispanic accent or articulation and then plus wherever he grew up... that's the mix. And it sounds a certain way to me... 

No one else hears that? That's surprising to me. 

So you're saying he's a Metrosexual lol. He grew up in L.A. but kinda shitty south LA where it's just regular working class people and tons of worn down strip malls. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

What a weird discussion.

Accept Reba Mcentire GIF by ABC Network

Odd conversation I agree but I guess it beats posting political rants supporting one's own particular beliefs on the main forum when they get their thongs too far up their ass cracks as some others may be prone to do this time of year......

Edited by Ricky Prickles

I think this year is as much about Canales as it's about Young. Even if Young is not the guy, which I believe he will be a very good QB, having a HC that will be here for 6 years or more is what will bring consistency and eventually winning football. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So you're saying he's a Metrosexual lol. He grew up in L.A. but kinda shitty south LA where it's just regular working class people and tons of worn down strip malls. 

I didn't say that either because I'm not sure what the hell that is. I regret making note of it. 

Wins absolutely do matter. I’m not expecting playoffs, but he needs to win more than he did last year. A franchise QB should be able to take over, and win some games. He wants the job, he needs to keep us out of the pick 1-4 range.

Someone said, this offense should be able to give 17-21 points on any given night, and give that pretty easily. I agree. If it’s a struggle like last year, then he’s not that guy. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

With all the talk of what defines quality starting QB play I got to thinking about mediocre QB's here over the years that looked at least decent at the time in limited action. Matt Moore came to mind. I had forgotten he played for the Chiefs and got himself a ring.

The interesting thing though. In 2011 with the Dolphins when he played the most amount of games in a single season in his whole career (13). He threw for just shy of 2,500 yards on 347 attempts (lol). For comparison sake last season our starting QB threw for 2,877 yards on 527 attempts. That's 180 more attempts through 3 games just to surpass Matt Moore by less than 400 yards at a time when the league is setup to greatly benefit not just offense but passers in general. That's crazy. Take from that what you will.

Dave Canales. Please save us.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

With all the talk of what defines quality starting QB play I got to thinking about mediocre QB's here over the years that looked at least decent at the time in limited action. Matt Moore came to mind. I had forgotten he played for the Chiefs and got himself a ring.

The interesting thing though. In 2011 with the Dolphins when he played the most amount of games in a single season in his whole career (13). He threw for just shy of 2,500 yards on 347 attempts (lol). For comparison sake last season our starting QB threw for 2,877 yards on 527 attempts. That's 180 more attempts through 3 games just to surpass Matt Moore by less than 400 yards at a time when the league is setup to greatly benefit not just offense but passers in general. That's crazy. Take from that what you will.

Dave Canales. Please save us.

Not sure that we need to develop new creative convoluted ways to argue that Bryce had a really poor year statistically when that is so obvious and universally accepted. Unless you think anyone has ever touted Bryce’s production last season?

Also Matt Moore’s 7.2 YPA that year is not “lol”, that would’ve put him in the top half of NFL starting QBs this past season. On par with Hurts/Love, and above Mahomes.

Not sure of the context exactly re the 17-21 so am not hammering it, if that is an average or a floor, not sure. That might seem like a lot to a team carrying a 2 game shutout streak into the season. I guess it is a lot. 

I don't think it's enough. I'd like for it to be.

edit: I know it's a new team, but it's fact for the books.

Edited by strato

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Not sure that we need to develop new creative convoluted ways to argue that Bryce had a really poor year statistically when that is so obvious and universally accepted. Unless you think anyone has ever touted Bryce’s production last season?

Also Matt Moore’s 7.2 YPA that year is not “lol”, that would’ve put him in the top half of NFL starting QBs this past season. On par with Hurts/Love, and above Mahomes.

You're really going to pretend the last 8 months of discussion here has been universal acceptance of the fact Bryce Young was arguably the worst passer in the NFL last season? How many edibles have you consumed tonight????

My goodness man. The Dolphins started 0-7. Moore was not a good QB. His completion % was 60.5. Since you're all about comparing him to current QB's. That would have put him in the bottom 6 of all active QB's last season. Sorry there goes your comp to elite QB's I guess. Oops.

You should be on Tepper's payroll. Seriously. Do not work this tirelessly for free.

Edited by frankw

Bryce needs to show that he can make plays consistently and make NFL throws. 

Wins will come if Bryce is proving to be the guy. 

If we’re picking top 5 come draft time next year then we move on from Bryce. There would be absolutely no reason to drag this crap out another year with him. Get Dave his guy and let him work

• Pie 1

I do not see how we win 8 or 9 games without Bryce playing well, unless he is inconsistent.  We built this offense around him, giving him everything he needs to succeed--a coach, an OL that should be very good, Upgrades at WR, TE, and RB---I think he will be much improved. However, I see your point.  I think we are in the process of getting good at nearly every position---and if Bryce plays well, we can focus on the pass rush and maybe another WR for next year, and we would then be in shape to make a playoff run.

Good thread, NAS

Edited by MHS831