• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Only way to measure success this season...

NAS

Hopefully the team/coaching staff looks legit, and regardless of how Bryce looks they have to get serious about the future of the qb room. Whatever mentorship value Dalton has brought will run out this year, the free agent qb list for next year is not very appealing. Time to start taking some shots in the draft for qb2 next year

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

More about the coaching staff and evaluation of the entire roster. If DC is the guy but BY isn't HIS guy, then move on from Bryce - and vice versa. Contrary to popular belief, it's easier to find a QB you can win with than a HC/OC/DC combination. The right coach will make the QB right enough. Now if you're looking for a Mahomes or a Lamar Jackson (the QB version)... well good luck with that. 

• Beer 1

Im in a ‘show me phase this season’ before i invest much time or energy

i get all the issues, i get  Tepper’s a problem   Fine

This team should be able to score at least  17 to 21 points a game not  in garbage time.  

This is pro football. Line up against  the  man in front of you and do your job

if a pro team cant do that, there are systemic issues throughout 

the limbo stick is high…this year..but considering they seldom scored a TD last year, 3 a game is holy territory 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'm looking for 2 things this season.

1. The development of Bryce Young. Our future relies in his hands. If he doesn't improve we have to move on point blank.

2. The no name players making a name for themselves. Right now Brown is the only household name on the roster. Who will step up and make a name for themselves?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, NAS said:

BY is able to be a playmaker and make others better 

This is the one.  If he can consistently raise the level of play of the guys around him, the he is him, the guy, the one.  If not he can still be a solid player but we’ll be stuck in the middle for a long time.

Let us pray… 

5 hours ago, NAS said:

is by answering the question: 

Does Bryce young look like he's going to be a franchise QB for next 10-15 years?  

If that is true by end of year, then we likely have been able to :

- protect BY with a solid OL play 

- have good weapons around to spread the ball around

- have a solid running game to keep defenses off balance

- are able to move the ball and score more than 20 pts per game consistently

- BY is able to be a playmaker and make others better 

Even if it doesn't translate to a lot of wins because we still have so many holes or thin spots on the roster, I'll be happy and excited for next year. 

On the other hands, If BY does not look like HIM, has another bad year or looks like he will be nothing more than a game manager, then it's a failure even if we win 8-9 games because it means we'll be back in QB purgatory for years to come.   

Nothing else really matters, does it?

You're gonna be disappointed as fk on this metric. I'll judge after this season...but I don't think its gonna change my mind.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm looking for 2 things this season.

1. The development of Bryce Young. Our future relies in his hands. If he doesn't improve we have to move on point blank.

2. The no name players making a name for themselves. Right now Brown is the only household name on the roster. Who will step up and make a name for themselves?

I will say, I think Canales is the best thing that could happen to Bryce.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

I will say, I think Canales is the best thing that could happen to Bryce.

I think he sounds feminine when he talks, it creeps me out a little, for football is masculine poo. But I also think he is going to be really good once he gets his 'sea legs' in the new job.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

26 minutes ago, strato said:

I think he sounds feminine when he talks, it creeps me out a little, for football is masculine poo. But I also think he is going to be really good once he gets his 'sea legs' in the new job.

I can't say until we play some games but I think Canales could be really good. Certainly better than the garbage Dipper has enlisted in the past... Its not like Dipper knows football...so, he'll prolly fk this up too.

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

I can't say until we play some games but I think Canales could be really good. Certainly better than the garbage Dipper has enlisted in the past... Its not like Dipper knows football...so, he'll prolly fk this up too.

I think we agree. 

• Pie 1