• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add four more to the practice squad

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is a common and extremely unfounded fear by our fans. The PS to "stud" list contains so few players over the past 30 years that most of us can probably list the few cases.

Coker is exactly what he has shown, a PS to borderline fringe roster guy. Noteable as this is currently the worst roster in the NFL.

I was not surprised that most of the peiole we cut didn't get claimed. That isn't accidental.

I hope you're wrong about the roster.  I might have agreed with the worst roster last year, but the fan in me believes they have upgraded enough positions to make a little noise this year.  I'm seeing the glass as half full, you're seeing the glass as half full of piss.  But if you've been a fan for a while, I get it, and hope those days are behind us.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

Has it been discussed which waiver guys were the biggest head scratchers for us not going after? 

Probably just KJ Henry. More of a 3 tech or 4-3 DE when we're looking for OLB's. Whether it would have still been an upgrade inside I dunno, seems like the D-line can use as much pass rush help as possible wherever it comes from. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, bga71 said:

I hope you're wrong about the roster.  I might have agreed with the worst roster last year, but the fan in me believes they have upgraded enough positions to make a little noise this year.  I'm seeing the glass as half full, you're seeing the glass as half full of piss.  But if you've been a fan for a while, I get it, and hope those days are behind us.

If you just walk down the roster, if becomes clear that this is a worse roster than last year.

But, some of that was just going to be the case. I am not saying it in a doom and gloom manner but factually. 

If our offseason moves turn out to be mostly above average and we look like we have competent coaching, then there is plenty of hope for the future no matter how many losses pile up this season.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If you just walk down the roster, if becomes clear that this is a worse roster than last year.

Worse OL? Nah can't say this year is worse. We got 2 legit and proven OGs. What did we have last year?

WR? TE? RBs? QB? Not seeing it. Who did we lose or add that makes it worse?

DL? How? Looks like we upgraded there.

Edge? Burns for Clowney? Both produce, except we got a better run defender (and someone who doesn't half ass it).

LBs? I don't know....seems like a push there. Same with the secondary.

I just don't see this being a worse roster than last year, especially not "clearly".

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

It does seem to be marginally less mostly on defense. Although some positions were probably upgrades. Evero seems like his sum is better than his parts so if they can hang and not collapse, it would help. Thin thin thin. 

On offense it come down to making defenses play honest and to do that we have to get respect for the passing threat. I'd sure love to get to the point that we could knock a team out of a playoff spot because that's about the highest reasonable goal I will go for. That's probably not a 4 win team doing that, it is watchable ball. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

But, some of that was just going to be the case. I am not saying it in a doom and gloom manner but factually. 

If our offseason moves turn out to be mostly above average and we look like we have competent coaching, then there is plenty of hope for the future no matter how many losses pile up this season.

You think this roster is worse than last year?  I don't see that at all.  I'm not saying we will be good, but I don't see how the roster is worse overall.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Probably just KJ Henry. More of a 3 tech or 4-3 DE when we're looking for OLB's. Whether it would have still been an upgrade inside I dunno, seems like the D-line can use as much pass rush help as possible wherever it comes from. 

Thanks sir. Anything you would have done differently? 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the ceiling is lower but the floor is higher. Losing burns and that LB, there's no way to mitigate that. But the bottom of the roster appears better, imo.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Panthero said:

I think the ceiling is lower but the floor is higher. Losing burns and that LB, there's no way to mitigate that. But the bottom of the roster appears better, imo.

Losing Luvu stinks, but Burns wasn't a fit.  Maybe he'll become the elite player some fans thought he was in New York.  But on paper, the marginal difference between Clowney and Burns looks like a wash.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

Worse OL? Nah can't say this year is worse. We got 2 legit and proven OGs. What did we have last year?

WR? TE? RBs? QB? Not seeing it. Who did we lose or add that makes it worse?

DL? How? Looks like we upgraded there.

Edge? Burns for Clowney? Both produce, except we got a better run defender (and someone who doesn't half ass it).

LBs? I don't know....seems like a push there. Same with the secondary.

I just don't see this being a worse roster than last year, especially not "clearly".

There is just no world in which I am gonna agree that we aren't worse. Now, this is a sinking versus floating turds argument ultimately.

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Losing Luvu stinks, but Burns wasn't a fit.  Maybe he'll become the elite player some fans thought he was in New York.  But on paper, the marginal difference between Clowney and Burns looks like a wash.

he didn't produce like he should, so im not crying about it. still a quality player. Wash with Clowney? Yeah. Maybe. Clowney had an all world year last year but all the guys on the ravens feasted. Still not sure what we have with clowney. Hope so.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1