• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add four more to the practice squad

10 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

I was surprised he was not claimed

He was barely on the first 53 man roster of the worst team in the NFL.  Consider that zero of our guys were picked up on waivers.  A couple signed, but after the waiver period.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I hope he is in Adam Thielen's hip pocket all year long. They have similar play styles and have a similar story being UDFAs and practice squad year 1 guys.

He can learn a ton from him.

good comparison, imo. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I hope he is in Adam Thielen's hip pocket all year long. They have similar play styles and have a similar story being UDFAs and practice squad year 1 guys.

He can learn a ton from him.

I hope he is at least in his front pocket or that mo for slow!

• The D 1

6 hours ago, d-dave said:

He was barely on the first 53 man roster of the worst team in the NFL.  Consider that zero of our guys were picked up on waivers.  A couple signed, but after the waiver period.

I don’t know how long we’ve been saying that but I agree. People who get cut from the Panthers in the past 6 years are not on any other teams’ radars. It’s not like we even have a position where we have great starters/backups that teams are watching their releases at specific positions. Still makes me chuckle when people are worried about other teams snatching our guys before they hit the PS. Last time that happened was Butker.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, bga71 said:

I was afraid he would be claimed, then turn into a stud for the next decade.

This is a common and extremely unfounded fear by our fans. The PS to "stud" list contains so few players over the past 30 years that most of us can probably list the few cases.

Coker is exactly what he has shown, a PS to borderline fringe roster guy. Noteable as this is currently the worst roster in the NFL.

I was not surprised that most of the peiole we cut didn't get claimed. That isn't accidental.

• Flames 1