• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday front office press conference 11am

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

There’s more stuff supporting my claim than the contrary lately. Schefter the main person

John McClain from Houston who recently deleted that tweet about ownership wanting Bryce over CJ

John Crumpler who is a Houston guy. Etc etc 

That's not what you said, you said everybody. Which I really doubt. You are talking about dumb teams in the first place because that is who picks up there.

there non stupid teams and that's I am thinking of. 

I shouldn't have said stupid, I should have said teams who are less astute.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

51 minutes ago, strato said:

W

No it isn't semantics. It is logic.

The main argument from this CJ vs Bryce debate has always been that Houston had CJ 1 and panthers had Bryce 1 when both teams allegedly had Bryce 1.

The narratives being pushed around here on false info to puff out their chests are what I’m trying to deflate. Nothing more nothing less.

middle of a fantasy draft so take my take as you want.

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The main argument from this CJ vs Bryce debate has always been that Houston had CJ 1 and panthers had Bryce 1 when both teams allegedly had Bryce 1.

The narratives being pushed around here on false info to puff out their chests are what I’m trying to deflate. Nothing more nothing less.

middle of a fantasy draft so take my take as you want.

I don't need to get worked up about it (either), it's clear how I feel  and clear how you do. I was actually pissed about something else so felt like arguing lol. Have a good draft. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, strato said:

I don't need to get worked up about it (either), it's clear how I feel  and clear how you do. I was actually pissed about something else so felt like arguing lol. Have a good draft. 

6-7 season on the way 

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, MHS831 said:

We have not been "kicking the can down the road."  Moton can be extended / restructured and it would save us enough to get the debt back in the black.  I would like to keep him till he is 33 or so--I think he is 30 now.

We really have been doing that. The fact that the cap has been expanding nicely every year has helped but look at our 2021-2023 cap tables. $53M, $52M and $62M in dead cap carried in the last 3 years. Those were 30%, 25% and 20% of total cap and improved because overall cap space increased. Heck, still have $48M in dead cap this year from a 2-15 team.

We had to trade Burns early to be able to sign two Gs came about because we have been restructuring and using all of our cap space while winning 14 games in 2021-2023.

Restructuring Moton is the definition of kicking the can down the road. Remember the last 2 years when we had some discussions about cap space and we pointed to so much cap available in 2024? Well, 2024 hasn’t started and we need to restructure Moton to fit under the cap. We have a rookie QB, tons of no name cheap guys and near bottom talent pool and we are still kicking it down the road although we are definitely kicking a smaller and smaller can down the road.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dan Morgan's quote.  "It’s a big man’s league

how else are you to take it.  

So why did we not just sort our 90-man roster by height and just sign all of the tallest players then? Why did we keep 5’10 Diontae Johnson over 6’2 Terrace Marshall Jr.? I mean, he did say “it’s a big man’s league” after all…

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

New practice squad WR Deon Cain might have been responsible with some of that cb depth churn after this last preseason game

Hard to tell which CBs those were but I do remember the one who was stiff armed to the ground was our rookie QB who’s not a big guy but wasn’t cut.

On 8/29/2024 at 1:38 PM, strato said:

If Canales is going to be here, you have to send him in search of his quarterback because... if he can do this with retreads and with special case Bryce, you have to think he could hit a home run with his hand picked guy.

Okay. I was all the way out on Bryce, anyone was a better choice. If you have that kind of connection (to say you know for a fact) I wouldn't challenge that because I don't.

Let’s be clear. Bryce > Canales.