• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday front office press conference 11am

5 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

How can you say a team that went 2-15 with both wins needing last minute scores and did not even have their the #1 overall pick can be a retool? 

Why can’t our GMs just be honest and state that we started our rebuild this year? We aren’t stupid as fans. We’ve had 6 years of losing and our prior GM tried to convince us that we just needed a QB and that our 2023 team was better than the team with CMC and Moore.

I feel better about this team over last year but what we started this offseason with was a team in desperate need of a rebuild. A retool means we were competitive last year and we were the worst team by far.

We are stupid as fug as fans. Have you read this thread?

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He also said there were exceptions. Sam Mills would agree I'm sure. 

Sam Mills was just different from top to bottom all around. He received a 500k signing bonus and made roughly one million a season through the contract he signed with us when he first got to Carolina. He defined what it was to be a human being and a competitor at a time when NFL contracts for even mid tier players were absolutely peanuts compared to what some of the big name star players that define the league command today. His impact is still very strong. It's very rare to come across someone like him regardless and as the years pass and future generations take over it will be even more rare.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, strato said:

If Canales is going to be here, you have to send him in search of his quarterback because... if he can do this with retreads and with special case Bryce, you have to think he could hit a home run with his hand picked guy.

Okay. I was all the way out on Bryce, anyone was a better choice. If you have that kind of connection (to say you know for a fact) I wouldn't challenge that because I don't.

I listen to panther podcast forums who let fans come on and speak in the past. Some fans have came on and spoke about how they had ran into coaches on last years staff after they were fired like Deuce Staley. The person that ran into Staley said that all the coaches were in on Stroud. Bryce was a ownership pick.  The other fans i have heard also said the same thing about the coaches wanting Stroud. I havent heard anybody say Bryce was the choice amongst the coaches.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I listen to panther podcast forums who let fans come on and speak in the past. Some fans have came on and spoke about how they had ran into coaches on last years staff after they were fired like Deuce Staley. The person that ran into Staley said that all the coaches were in on Stroud. Bryce was an ownership pick.  The other fans i have heard also said the same thing about the coaches wanting Stroud. I havent heard anybody say Bryce was the choice amongst the coaches.

Everyone including the Texans had Bryce as number 1. This is a revisionist tale.

1 minute ago, strato said:

It can't be proven. 

Just like it cant be proven that every team had him number 1. We know that statement has only came from people in the media. I dont know why fans keep running with that. lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

It can't be proven. 

There’s more stuff supporting my claim than the contrary lately. Schefter the main person

John McClain from Houston who recently deleted that tweet about ownership wanting Bryce over CJ

John Crumpler who is a Houston guy. Etc etc 

29 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I listen to panther podcast forums who let fans come on and speak in the past. Some fans have came on and spoke about how they had ran into coaches on last years staff after they were fired like Deuce Staley. The person that ran into Staley said that all the coaches were in on Stroud. Bryce was a ownership pick.  The other fans i have heard also said the same thing about the coaches wanting Stroud. I havent heard anybody say Bryce was the choice amongst the coaches.

I don't have any connections in the NFL used to know a couple of players, Rison and a guy I his name was Irving Parker played for the Bills in the '80s.

So I can only go by what makes sense, and Bryce does not at he level he went. For an ex NFL player to think he should go number 1, goes against my idea of common sense.