• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday front office press conference 11am

9 minutes ago, d-dave said:

It's super funny how many of y'all are hung up on the 2023 NFL draft...

It's over.  We got what we got, and we'll have to see where the rest of it lands this season.  Coaches coach.  If Canales can get winning QB play out of Bryce, then this will all be forgotten.  Honestly, I'm willing to bet that most of us are just eager to see how much fools gold we all got this time around.

I'm full of hope right now.  It's more fun for me that way.  My job, reputation, and future do not depend on anyone being right about the Panthers, Bryce Young or anyone else.  But the Panthers do.  If they want to keep their jobs, those nice paychecks, the power and influence they have; put up or shut up.

That's what the cuts/waiver wire pick ups show.  It wasn't working, let's get big.  Hopefully those guys can translate this season in a positive way.

The context is Dan Morgan said it's a big man's league when talking about all the acquisitions he made.  We know the draft is over.  This will be discussed until it's completely over, one way or another.  This isn't the type of move that fans are just gonna forget about 1 year later like it never happened.  You can be a fan of the team, and be optimistic and hope the best for Bryce this year.  But that doesn't change the fact that our team made one of the biggest trades ever.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 3

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Most concerning question going into the season.  I hope we still add someone TBH.

I feel like there still have to be better options from elsewhere (just like CB).  

I think Eku Leota, DJ Johnson, and K'Lavon Chaisson have some potential, but it's scary right now how little proven depth we have.

We are either going to have to blitz a lot, or hope our corners all play like Jaycee.

I honestly feel pretty good about the team outside of this...

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Dan Morgan when talking about the corners

”it’s a big man’s league”

You can’t convince me this guy wanted Bryce 

I'm not saying it was just Bryce, but I've long contended that Morgan got the job because his votes (that he didn't win) turned out to be right more often that not.  Tepper has problems but the dude isn't stupid.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Fair or not it is perfectly realistic and fine to say since we have no track record yet to speak of with this FO so there is no earned benefit of the doubt.

In regards to TMJ specifically. I want to be clear that I am not a defender of his. I was quite critical of him. I did like the pick at the time and thought it made ok sense generally give our need and who was available. With him it seemed to be not any lack of talent but inside his head. He didn’t seem to want it. But IMO he can actually play. And he was under 24 years old through 3 head coaches and 2 GM's in his NFL career that's not an insignificant set of circumstances in his defense. If his potential is to be unlocked it will be with the 49ers or it won't happen. I can't say because I don't know. I just do not want to see another situation like CMC where a guy is tearing it up on a winning team making playoff runs. And especially if our offense is not living up to expectations.

My perfect scenario is he stinks it up in SF and we finally have a real offense again. Win/win. But like I said to another poster. I'm a lifelong Panthers fan. I know how these things tend to lean. It's going to be one extreme or the other. We'll see.

I feel your pain on TMJr. He didn't have a paradise here.

We have all been abused by the Panthers for a few years now it is traumatic. 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

AR fits the Fitterer/Morgan archetype.  RAS score, all potential that will probably never be realized.

Let’s not bring this up. Fitterer said Young had been his guy since the year before we drafted him. Fitterer was absolutely 100% in on Young, so Morgan either agreed with that assessment or he clearly didn’t fight for his guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, strato said:

I feel your pain on TMJr. He didn't have a paradise here.

We have all been abused by the Panthers for a few years now it is traumatic. 

TMJ had a lot of opportunity. He got WR3 snaps as a rookie and WR2 snaps in his second year. I remember people saying he didn’t get chances, which was not true. His problem was he couldn’t separate so no one ever saw him open and thought he played less than he did. We needed OL and there were a couple Cs there than would look real nice starting for us.

I'm reminded why I left this site with the amount of stupid takes on here; especially about Bryce.

Going to be alot of crow when he balls out this year...Or wait, no, yall will just pretend you never said that, make poo up about him or just make new burner accounts like you always do.

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

TMJ had a lot of opportunity. He got WR3 snaps as a rookie and WR2 snaps in his second year. I remember people saying he didn’t get chances, which was not true. His problem was he couldn’t separate so no one ever saw him open and thought he played less than he did. We needed OL and there were a couple Cs there than would look real nice starting for us.

I know, you are right. But like he said, still just 24. Had all the different coaches and QBs. 

The coaches now sort of specialized in WRs so I am okay if they are okay. 

7 minutes ago, Asaria said:

I'm reminded why I left this site with the amount of stupid takes on here; especially about Bryce.

Going to be alot of crow when he balls out this year...Or wait, no, yall will just pretend you never said that, make poo up about him or just make new burner accounts like you always do.

I am actually thinking I'll be looking at his ability to throw the football deep and get it there on time. That's the biggest thing for me that he needs to do so we will see.

Otherwise, about him, need to see how he does from under center. 

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Truly amazing considering we have a rookie QB salary and our 53 is arguably the worst talent in the league. Fitterer was truly the worst GM ever. He’s the reason why Morgan likely had to settle on Burns because we needed him off the books to sign Hunt/Lewis.

We have not been "kicking the can down the road."  Moton can be extended / restructured and it would save us enough to get the debt back in the black.  I would like to keep him till he is 33 or so--I think he is 30 now.

• Pie 1