• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday front office press conference 11am

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

How can you say a team that went 2-15 with both wins needing last minute scores and did not even have their the #1 overall pick can be a retool? 

Why can’t our GMs just be honest and state that we started our rebuild this year? We aren’t stupid as fans. We’ve had 6 years of losing and our prior GM tried to convince us that we just needed a QB and that our 2023 team was better than the team with CMC and Moore.

I feel better about this team over last year but what we started this offseason with was a team in desperate need of a rebuild. A retool means we were competitive last year and we were the worst team by far.

It's gotta be all the QB gambles. Hard to admit it you need to do a rebuild in the 2nd year of your rookie qb window after all they gave up to get him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, strato said:

First, there is fact. 31 teams passed on claiming him, for whatever reason. So we wouldn't be the only guilty party.

I would have kept him, but it wasn't a huge issue for me that he is gone either, and looking at things the best he could do was ... 8th on SF depth chart? That will probably improve for him but where would he be if he got on the 53, to impact anything? He is struggling to be in the NFL.

I think Morgan is safe on him. That edge thing, that has to be fixed. But it is year one and everyone here pretty much agreed it isn't a one offseason fix. So.. 

I like Dan so far. I like his cap guy. 

On the cap thing, that guy is about to earn his money.

Main factor is age. 24 years old. Meanwhile we have 5 WR's two of which are 29 and 34.

It's an offensive league. Having had the worst passing offense in the league last year IMO the pass catchers are thin barring unforseen circumstances.

There's things to like about Morgan and I liked the bringing on of Tillis. Certainly there is more to slot as positive than there is to question. But in this league sometimes small things become big things you just never know.

Either way regardless of results this year next season we need to continue reloading our offense.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

How can you say a team that went 2-15 with both wins needing last minute scores and did not even have their the #1 overall pick can be a retool? 

Why can’t our GMs just be honest and state that we started our rebuild this year? We aren’t stupid as fans. We’ve had 6 years of losing and our prior GM tried to convince us that we just needed a QB and that our 2023 team was better than the team with CMC and Moore.

I feel better about this team over last year but what we started this offseason with was a team in desperate need of a rebuild. A retool means we were competitive last year and we were the worst team by far.

I think he basically wants to avoid the rebuild mindset in the locker room interfere (oops, interfering) with his rebuild. 

As to what else was said, I lol'd at the double standard coach speak about the corners - size matters, they have a prototype - where was that when it really counted? 

At the same time indicating Young is being coached pretty hard (my words), and personally by Canales and giving the impression that it is taking, that is a good thing to hear.

Edited by strato

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

wut?

Watch it (for yourself). Basically doesn't like 'expectations'. Which, if I didn't I would have said 'they can limit you'. 

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Reads to me like they don't wanna put a public win target on the year.  I don't blame them.

Yeah he knows this team blows

They were very careful with the rebuilding questions too. Knowing full well the speed of a rebuild depends on a QB

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Main factor is age. 24 years old. Meanwhile we have 5 WR's two of which are 29 and 34.

It's an offensive league. Having had the worst passing offense in the league last year IMO the pass catchers are thin barring unforseen circumstances.

There's things to like about Morgan and I liked the bringing on of Tillis. Certainly there is more to slot as positive than there is to question. But in this league sometimes small things become big things you just never know.

Either way regardless of results this year next season we need to continue reloading our offense.

About TMJ and next season when one or both AT and DJ are gone, his contract is done, right? He is young but his contract isn't. 

With the soaring costs of WR deals, the investment of a 1 and a 2 in consecutive years... I am not saying he will command a ton but it looks like the deals are inflated as hell now, so pay him or fill the gap with the next man up? Whoever that is. 

Just now, TD alt said:

The rebuild-retool thing is coach-speak.

It doesn't matter as long as we're improving on the personnel side. That's the bottom line and reason for churning the roster.

Just drop all the re- words and say we're building a team here.  What's the big deal?  We're not starting over at QB this year.  It's a dumb question tbh.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

they want out from that it appears, he is expensive and getting older.  They probably will just bite the bullet next on year on him

Yep seems like they’re going to ride this out with Moton as they should. I think they know he doesn’t have much left. Missed a ton of camp days and I feel like he’s been dealing with a knee issue since forever

If they cut Moton next year they’ll free up 17 million in space 

If by some miracle we don’t need to draft a QB in 2025 I’m guessing we’ll go tackle with our top 10 pick