• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bring Jordan Matthews back to 53-man roster

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

MHS Theory:  32-year old Matthews is a veteran and they could cut him and see if there is interest to do him a solid--but to also let him know that a PS position was on the table. Crumedy (DT) being waived risked loosing a draft pick.  The way I understand it, you can't put players on IR until after waivers have been cleared--something like that.  So they cut Matthews and put him on the PS.  Had they waived Crumedy and he got taken, then it would have been stupid knowing that the 32-year old Matthews was much less likely to be signed.  This allowed the Panthers to have some wiggle room in the event another player came available. I am not sure that makes sense to me, but it did before I started writing.  Maybe someone else can correct this or add to it.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, strato said:

According to what Morgan said about him, he is a cultural benefit. Someone good for the young TE to be around, and the other young guys too. It's important and lacking. Plus what he is doing on the field. 

He's a good dude, hard working, and very intelligent.  I watched him play a lot in college at Vandy and he's fun to watch.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Seems like a bright guy and the most motivated guy we've had in the TE room since Olsen. I couldn't believe how Ian/Ricci/Tremble were acting on camera when Rhule was running this thing. He's obviously a vet but I'm hoping him and JT Sanders have the other two guys scared for their depth chart positions

• Pie 1