• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

All those stickers on Michigan's helmets look like product placements

They just look sloppy. Some schools do a really good job with it. OSU comes to mind. But Michigan's just looks like some kid was slapping stickers on all willy nilly.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They just look sloppy. Some schools do a really good job with it. OSU comes to mind. But Michigan's just looks like some kid was slapping stickers on all willy nilly.

Michigan's QB has half the back of his helmet covered and there's no way he's scored that many times this early in the season.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I like how they're just completely talking around the fact that Texas' reemergence as a relevant football program just so happened to occur at the same time NIL kicked off and they're the richest athletic department in the country. Do you think their miiiiiiight be some correlation there?

Might be premature on this, but I think NIL, transfer portal and all this conference movement will kill college football. It’s going to end up being a larger playoff where certain teams will make it every year and the 1 or 2 biggest conferences will basically control all the decision making.

The non top 1 or 2 conferences will basically be minor leagues where any star players just get sucked into the top teams. I posted above about a kid from Tulane who looks like he’s got it. I’d be shocked if he stays at Tulane.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Spoilers: He won't. He'll chase the bag and get it

Spoilers: My next post basically said that lol!

Also, case in point, the Texas CB who just had the interception transferred from Clemson and Clemson has done very well recruiting DBs for many years.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Spoilers: My next post basically said that lol!

Also, case in point, the Texas CB who just had the interception transferred from Clemson and Clemson has done very well recruiting DBs for many years.

And DJ U transfered out of Clemson then Oregon State. that's really worked out for FSU.........

The NIL is the big killer. Transfers happened for years. The no wait transfer is annoying and has been for years ( Wilson from NC State to Wisconsin as another from way back as a grad student in a something something not at nc state). 

I'm not thrilled with the transfer portal, it's the current NIL that's screwed this up. And Michigan can eat this from Texas. They were a main culprit in paying via the portal from the start.

• Beer 1