• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I root against all sorts of people in sports.  The hurt you thing is a lame escape from the claim against Sanders.   Did he hurt Greg Jenning and the billion other people that have the exact same take?  Obviously not.  

They are indeed poorly coached. It shows up all the time.  But that's like I said by design.  See the end of the game last weekend.  Comically bad coaching in the name of promoting his son.  Everything I have said about him going into the season was right there on display and only took a week to show.

I'm not talking expectations or anything like that.  He dominates air because of his name and bologna.  And if he is going to dominate the air.....we might as well tell the truth about what he is and is doing IMO. 

Bro he improved the program his 1st season. Do you realize 6 games they loss were all within a single score. 

I think your expectations are extremely high for a bad football program. Colorado was literally one of the worst programs in the country. 

What's becoming clear is people are more invested in seeing Prime fail than actually watching him improve as a HC.

Prime deserves blame for this as well because he was talking a lot early. When you talk like that you have to back it up. They got off to a hot start and the expectations went through the roof and it never should have got to that point.

I will say it again Colorado was a bad football program before Prime arrived. He actually improved the football program in his 1st season. You can't take that away from him.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

tumblr_nx9x84ZYJ41shob51o1_400.gif

Cade might look good in that blue.  You know he gonna be available after this year too.  That might be the one to worry about.  Someone thinking they can fix him just like 2 programs thought about the last one. 

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

As for UNC I had high expectations, but man the QB position was worst than I thought.

Not sure we can survive without a QB who struggles to throw down the field.

I'm not giving up yet. I wanna see what Harrell looks like prepped as the starter. He showed decent promise in the bowl game last year IMO.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro he improved the program his 1st season. Do you realize 6 games they loss were all within a single score. 

I think your expectations are extremely high for a bad football program. Colorado was literally one of the worst programs in the country. 

What's becoming clear is people are more invested in seeing Prime fail than actually watching him improve as a HC.

Prime deserves blame for this as well because he was talking a lot early. When you talk like that you have to back it up. They got off to a hot start and the expectations went through the roof and it never should have got to that point.

I will say it again Colorado was a bad football program before Prime arrived. He actually improved the football program in his 1st season. You can't take that away from him.

They improved because talent followed him.  Not arguing talent did flock to him and therefore he had more than the coach prior.  They have more talent now than prior. That doesn't contradict the points I have made though. 

You just keep bringing up my expectations.  I can pull for a coach that doesn't win.    That's got nothing to do with anything. 

The entire purpose of Sanders being in Colorado and coaching is to promote and build his son.  It's why the team is in part so poorly coached.   Because it's about his son having success more so than a football team......and it's painfully obvious.  Again, see last week.  That trainwreck coaching job at the end to make it about his son vs winning a football game. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not giving up yet. I wanna see what Harrell looks like prepped as the starter. He showed decent promise in the bowl game last year IMO.

He looked good in the bowl game, but he looked bad in his limited time last game.

Hopefully he improves, but I'm not confident enough right now to say that he will.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

They improved because talent followed him.  Not arguing talent did flock to him and therefore he had more than the coach prior.  They have more talent now than prior. That doesn't contradict the points I have made though. 

You just keep bringing up my expectations.  I can pull for a coach that doesn't win.    That's got nothing to do with anything. 

The entire purpose of Sanders being in Colorado and coaching is to promote and build his son.  It's why the team is in part so poorly coached.   Because it's about his son having success more so than a football team......and it's painfully obvious.  Again, see last week.  That trainwreck coaching job at the end to make it about his son vs winning a football game. 

I understand you hate Deion Sanders.

My thing is you talking like he's the worst football coach in the country when he improved a bad football program.

He brought 2 of the best players in college football with him. It's not his fault they are talented. I'm watching every game and all this talk about him having talent I just don't see it. It's a 2 man show.

Nobody is expecting for Colorado to contend for the playoffs this year. The hype has died down. The haters should also die down.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I understand you hate Deion Sanders.

My thing is you talking like he's the worst football coach in the country when he improved a bad football program.

He brought 2 of the best players in college football with him. It's not his fault they are talented. I'm watching every game and all this talk about him having talent I just don't see it. It's a 2 man show.

Nobody is expecting for Colorado to contend for the playoffs this year. The hype has died down. The haters should also die down.

I understand that instead of addressing things like his disaster coaching at the end of the game this past week (that highlights everything I am saying about him)......you opt to claim I hate Sanders vs addressing the points being made about him.  

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know he came in briefly but he looked instantly better than the older QB who had all of the reps.  I think Harrell will be fine.  Like you said he looked solid in the bowl games where he got plenty of reps in practice leading up to it. 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

I understand that instead of addressing things like his disaster coaching at the end of the game this past week (that highlights everything I am saying about him)......you opt to claim I hate Sanders vs addressing the points being made about him.  

He won the game bro. You trying to make a point that just doesn't make sense. 

Make it make sense.

38 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He looked good in the bowl game, but he looked bad in his limited time last game.

Hopefully he improves, but I'm not confident enough right now to say that he will.

It honestly seemed like they had already pretty much taken the forward pass out of the game plan by the time he went on with how terrible Max was and then playing the backup QB they clearly had no plans to play even though they were supposed to split time. If he doesn't look pretty good tomorrow against UNCC then I'll start flying the panic flag. LOL