• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

Well, FSU can quit whining about last year as they are completely done for the playoffs. They are already 0-2 in the ACC.

Also, I’d love to know which BC grad put together this year’s ACC schedule. Play FSU and don’t play any of Miami, NC State or Clemson. FSU plays all 3, so they have the toughest ACC schedule and Clemson plays 2 of the 4.

The ACC title will be a mess when teams like BC, Miami and NC State play 1 of FSU, Miami, MC State and Clemson (preseason ranked ACC teams). So few head to head matchups now.

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

Well, FSU can quit whining about last year as they are completely done for the playoffs. They are already 0-2 in the ACC.

Also, I’d love to know which BC grad put together this year’s ACC schedule. Play FSU and don’t play any of Miami, NC State or Clemson. FSU plays all 3, so they have the toughest ACC schedule and Clemson plays 2 of the 4.

The ACC title will be a mess when teams like BC, Miami and NC State play 1 of FSU, Miami, MC State and Clemson (preseason ranked ACC teams). So few head to head matchups now.

These conferences are too damn big.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

DJ is who he is but that team is not well coached 

I agree.  At a certain point you gotta play with who you have.  They need to focus on running the ball more, getting some time of possession and letting DJ take shots downfield.  BOB completely outcoached Norvell.

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It is pretty incredible how inconsistent DJ has been throughout his career.  FSU is fugged if BC can come to their place and basically dominate the game

He’s very consistent. He’s terrible under pressure. First year post Lawrence and DJ throws a pick 6 within FG range to lose to UGA 10-3 week 1. UGA won it all and Clemson had the game. In one week, he took a team that was in the playoffs for several years in a row and knocked them out of it in 2021.

He then completely lost all confidence and sucked so bad that they put a freshman in for him in 2022. He was OK at Oregon State because they had no expectations and PAC 12 defenses are terrible. Now, he’s the same QB as 2021/2022 when FSU supposedly had a chance at the playoffs and knocked them out in 2 weeks.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

These conferences are too damn big.

100% agree, when you don’t have everyone playing each other or at least everyone in their division, it’s hard to say a team with a lucky schedule is really that good.

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well I got my money's worth.  I love watching a good train wreck in college football.  Especially one that involves fans as insufferable as FSU.

Seriously they were cheering for 6 yard completions like they were 30 yard bombs lol. 

• Pie 1

DJU, amazing how bad someone can be despite so many physical gifts. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, I'd think I'd give a freshman in HS a shot at this point. LOL

Wonder what they paid DJU.  Straight up robbing 3 schools at this point 

• Beer 1