• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

24 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I was joking with a friend that I wish we had Drake for one more year.

Based on our D looking at least serviceable against Minnesota I agree. I just wish we could've put one decent defense opposite of Howell or Maye. We had two really damn good QBs back to back and squandered them because we had all-time bad defenses. That's always been the story of UNC football. We've had elite offenses and we've had elite defenses but outside of the Curry/Peppers era, we've always paired elite units with atrocious units on the other side of the ball.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Top end speed and quickness is literally what you want in a elite WR. He can also catch the ball. Look at the 2 spectacular catches he had just last game. Yes I'm including the 1 hand catch he made out of bounds. The dude is just phenomenal.

You don't think if he just played WR he wouldn't have some of the best WR stats in the country?

I'm sorry if you felt disrespected. I'm just high on Hunter and I don't see any other skill player going before him.

I'm still confident he will be drafted before your guy. Just have that cash app account ready come draft night.

I'll take T-Mac's hands and catch radius advantage over Hunter's quickness and top end speed any day of the week, as it's not like T-Mac is bad in those areas, Hunter is just a bit better as he's not as big of a WR, it makes sense.

And sure, he would have better stats if he only played offense, but that doesn't make him a better draft prospect.

In the same vain, you could say T-Mac would have had better stats last year too if he didn't have a teammate who also had 90 catches for 850 yards and 13 TDs last year (Jacob Cowing now of the 49ers).  Or hell, maybe even if he didn't have to play with a bum at QB the first month of the season before we made the change to Fifita who then ended up as the National Freshman of the Year (and before you say it, no, the QB isn't making T-Mac who he is, if anything it's the other way around).

Edited by tukafan21

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll take T-Mac's hands and catch radius advantage over Hunter's quickness and top end speed any day of the week.

And sure, he would have better stats if he only played offense, but that doesn't make him a better draft prospect.

In the same vain, you could say T-Mac would have had better stats last year too if he didn't have a teammate who also had 90 catches for 850 yards and 13 TDs last year (Jacob Cowing now of the 49ers).  Or hell, maybe even if he didn't have to play with a bum at QB the first month of the season before we made the change to Fifita who then ended up as the National Freshman of the Year.

The way you hyping your team I expect to see them in the Big 12 championship right?

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Wednesday too, CUSA decided to play Wednesday conference games to get the conference on national TV.

Gotta maximize those TV contracts. Kickoff week, the playoffs, and maybe rivalry week is it though. Looks like most everything else is on Saturdays with a few games on Thursday and Friday nights.

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The way you hyping your team I expect to see them in the Big 12 championship right?

We're absolutely contenders for it, but have a questionable defense so who knows.

But T-Mac is a legitimate stud, will be a Top 10 pick in the draft and the only WR who might get drafted ahead of him is Burden, not Hunter.