• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

45 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Want to talk about a cupcake? Look at Notre Dame's schedule for the rest of the season. It's a freaking cakewalk designed to keep them high in the rankings so the networks and talking heads can gush over them.

Good on ND for continuing to schedule their historic rivals even at the cost of their own SOS. One of the few programs in CFB with a measure of integrity and backbone these days. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He did, he hired Anthony Lynn’s son D’Anton who turned around UCLA’s defense before jumping ship to USC.

Lincoln Riley with just non-terrible defense would be a force to reckon with. He always has elite offense and non-existent defense. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I feel you are overreacting because he had a 300 yard game.

Are you a Arizona fan or something?

I thought the Missouri WR was the favorite to be the 1st WR selected.

Arizona alum who isn't overreacting to anything, he's THAT good

T-Mac and Burden from Mizzou are expected to battle to be the first WR off the board, I've seen a mock that had T-Mac going as high as #4 

And like I said, it's not one game, look at his game log for him down the stretch last year too (and notice that's against 6 ranked teams during that stretch too), just go watch some of his highlights and you'll realize there is zero homerism to me saying this.

173789891_ScreenShot2024-09-01at6_48_38PM.png.9c3a3d87608afaa2bf96a7ba39060fc5.png

8 minutes ago, beo said:

Good on ND for continuing to schedule their historic rivals even at the cost of their own SOS. One of the few programs in CFB with a measure of integrity and backbone these days. 

Most schedules are done way in advance. Notre Dame has USC and Nacy on the schedule until 2028 I believe and they were able to keep Stanford after Stanford made the jump to the ACC this year.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Want to talk about a cupcake? Look at Notre Dame's schedule for the rest of the season. It's a freaking cakewalk designed to keep them high in the rankings so the networks and talking heads can gush over them.

Much harder schedule than a lot of teams.  UNCs schedule is flat laughable outside of Florida State for example

Edited by Shocker

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I feel you are overreacting because he had a 300 yard game.

Are you a Arizona fan or something?

I thought the Missouri WR was the favorite to be the 1st WR selected.

Watch this, and pay close attention to the catch he makes around the :50 mark of the video, he does that kind of stuff on a regular basis, his hands are made of glue

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Arizona alum who isn't overreacting to anything, he's THAT good

T-Mac and Burden from Mizzou are expected to battle to be the first WR off the board, I've seen a mock that had T-Mac going as high as #4 

And like I said, it's not one game, look at his game log for him down the stretch last year too (and notice that's against 6 ranked teams during that stretch too), just go watch some of his highlights and you'll realize there is zero homerism to me saying this.

173789891_ScreenShot2024-09-01at6_48_38PM.png.9c3a3d87608afaa2bf96a7ba39060fc5.png

I will watch him throughout the year. I must admit I don't really know anything about Arizona. Maybe that's why I'm questioning him. Stats look legit tho.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I will watch him throughout the year. I must admit I don't really know anything about Arizona. Maybe that's why I'm questioning him. Stats look legit tho.

here's a shorter video with some of his highlights from last year too

But see, that's my point, you basically just said you know nothing about the kid but are certain that Hunter will go ahead of him.  I've watched lots of both of them being an Arizona alum, there is no comparison to them, T-Mac is a significantly better WR while Hunter is a "better" college player because of his two way ability.

And at 2:35 of this video he makes a NASTY TD grab over Hunter defending him too

Edited by tukafan21

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Most schedules are done way in advance. Notre Dame has USC and Nacy on the schedule until 2028 I believe and they were able to keep Stanford after Stanford made the jump to the ACC this year.

The Army game is interesting, that was a very historic rivalry long ago that hasn't been played very much recently. Most famous for the "Game of the Century". So they technically have 4 rivalry games on the schedule this year which is pretty crazy. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

here's a shorter video with some of his highlights from last year too

But see, that's my point, you basically just said you know nothing about the kid but are certain that Hunter will go ahead of him.  I've watched lots of both of them being an Arizona alum, there is no comparison to them, T-Mac is a significantly better WR while Hunter is a "better" college player because of his two way ability.

I only have 2 eyes. I'm not watching Arizona. No disrespect but it's not a football powerhouse.

But the highlights have me intrigued so I will definitely have my eyes on him this season. 6'5 athletic WR with great hands could definitely be a fit for us.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I only have 2 eyes. I'm not watching Arizona. No disrespect but it's not a football powerhouse.

But the highlights have me intrigued so I will definitely have my eyes on him this season. 6'5 athletic WR with great hands could definitely be a fit for us.

Didn't expect you to be watching Arizona in the past, but if you're going to proclaim to know where players will be drafted and are willing to put a $100 bet on it, maybe you should at least be familiar with one of the top two expected WRs in next years draft.

I'm not saying Hunter is bad by any means, he'll be a darn good NFL WR if he decide to play that side of the ball, but the only thing he has over T-Mac would be top end speed and quickness, but that's to be expected for an elite 6'1" WR compared to a 6'5" WR.

The last time I was so sure an Arizona player would be an elite NFL player was with Gronkowski.  I never even said these things about the guys we've had since then who got Heisman votes, which we've had a couple of.

And I was telling all my friends during his Freshman year that Gronk was going to be the next elite TE in the NFL... T-Mac has been even more impressive in college.  I wasn't expecting Gronk to be the best TE of all time, so can't say I expect T-Mac to be a better NFL player, but he's our best player in school history.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Didn't expect you to be watching Arizona in the past, but if you're going to proclaim to know where players will be drafted and are willing to put a $100 bet on it, maybe you should at least be familiar with one of the top two expected WRs in next years draft.

I'm not saying Hunter is bad by any means, he'll be a darn good NFL WR if he decide to play that side of the ball, but the only thing he has over T-Mac would be top end speed and quickness, but that's to be expected for an elite 6'1" WR compared to a 6'5" WR.

The last time I was so sure an Arizona player would be an elite NFL player was with Gronkowski.  I never even said these things about the guys we've had since then who got Heisman votes, which we've had a couple of.

And I was telling all my friends during his Freshman year that Gronk was going to be the next elite TE in the NFL... T-Mac has been even more impressive in college.  I wasn't expecting Gronk to be the best TE of all time, so can't say I expect T-Mac to be a better NFL player, but he's our best player in school history.

Top end speed and quickness is literally what you want in a elite WR. He can also catch the ball. Look at the 2 spectacular catches he had just last game. Yes I'm including the 1 hand catch he made out of bounds. The dude is just phenomenal.

You don't think if he just played WR he wouldn't have some of the best WR stats in the country?

I'm sorry if you felt disrespected. I'm just high on Hunter and I don't see any other skill player going before him.

I'm still confident he will be drafted before your guy. Just have that cash app account ready come draft night.