• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

8 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Hunters value is at CB in the league I don't even know who he's talking about but I'd bet 100% Hunter is a CB in the NFL.

I mean I don't really care what position he plays I just want us to have the chance to draft him.

He's a playmaker on either side of the ball. The scary part is we really aren't seeing his true potential because he's playing both sides. Imagine if he focused on playing a single position. He would really stand out because his body would be much fresher.

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I mean I don't really care what position he plays I just want us to have the chance to draft him.

He's a playmaker on either side of the ball. The scary part is we really aren't seeing his true potential because he's playing both sides. Imagine if he focused on playing a single position. He would really stand out because his body would be much fresher.

If we have a chance to draft him that means drafting him won't mean dick for us. Bryce has proven he's not the answer and we probably have a top five pick. Add an elite CB or WR either one and we still suck.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we have a chance to draft him that means drafting him won't mean dick for us. Bryce has proven he's not the answer and we probably have a top five pick. Add an elite CB or WR either one and we still suck.

Here is where I am with Bryce.

1. If he improves and show signs of massive improvement then we continue with him as our QB for the foreseeable future.

2. If he doesn't improve we move on and trade for a stop gap QB because I'm not high on any of the QB's besides Sanders and we all know Prime is not letting his son play for the Panthers. That's why I say a trade for Sam Howell would make sense as a stop gap. He's better than Bryce at worst case scenario.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Here is where I am with Bryce.

1. If he improves and show signs of massive improvement then we continue with him as our QB for the foreseeable future.

2. If he doesn't improve we move on and trade for a stop gap QB because I'm not high on any of the QB's besides Sanders and we all know Prime is not letting his son play for the Panthers. That's why I say a trade for Sam Howell would make sense as a stop gap. He's better than Bryce at worst case scenario.

No, I meant that if we're in a position to draft Hunter then Bryce will have clearly proven he ain't it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, I meant that if we're in a position to draft Hunter then Bryce will have clearly proven he ain't it.

Not necessarily. He can show signs of improvement and we still lose games. Like last year our defense was our strength. The offense could be our strength this year but the defense takes a step back.

I'm just looking at Bryce. Is he showing he can throw down the field. Is he showing better pocket awareness. Is the offense scoring more points. I'm watching those things.

What's clear is this team lacks talent, I can't lie and say I expect more than 6 wins at max. I think the Patriots/Giants will be the teams to watch. I still have us as a bottom 3 team. Bryce can improve as a QB and we still lose games, but those games could be much closer than last years L's.

39 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Hunters value is at CB in the league I don't even know who he's talking about but I'd bet 100% Hunter is a CB in the NFL.

I think Prime said he has a list of teams his son and Hunter will play for. I don’t think we are on that list. 

Interested to see WR, C.J. Daniels for LSU tonight. He’s LSU X receiver and defacto number one receiver after transferring in from Liberty where he had 55 receptions for 1,067 yards, and 10 TD’s as a Junior.

Nussmeier doesn’t have the typical weapons that LSU QB’s have been accustomed to so it’ll interesting to see how LSU’s offense looks.

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Want to talk about a cupcake? Look at Notre Dame's schedule for the rest of the season. It's a freaking cakewalk designed to keep them high in the rankings so the networks and talking heads can gush over them.

When ND has made it to the playoffs they have gotten absolutely wrecked. They just aren't what they used to be and I honestly don't think they have the ability to get there. They'd be exposed if they were actually in a conference.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's not getting drafted before Hunter. We can put $100 bet on that right now.

Done deal

as a WR though… if teams decide he’s a CB, then it’s about need

But if he goes into the draft as a WR, there is zero chance he’s taken ahead of T-Mac (or Burden for that matter) assuming he plays out the season healthy and doesn’t have an injury red flag pulling his draft stock down

NFL teams don’t fall for media darlings and feel good stories in the top of the draft. 

Cant wait till we play them this year, T-Mac had 9 for 107 and a TD last year with Hunter covering him all game.

Edited by tukafan21

For those that like the WR position, keep an eye on Zachariah Branch from USC, he’s already drawing comparisons to Tyreek Hill as just a sophomore. If he continues trending upward he’ll be a top five pick in 2025.

USC has a lot more weapons than LSU and I actually prefer Miller Moss to Garrett Nussmeier. If Lynn has improved USC on the defensive side of the ball then USC could pull the upset.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

9 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Done deal

as a WR though… if teams decide he’s a CB, then it’s about need

But if he goes into the draft as a WR, there is zero chance he’s taken ahead of T-Mac (or Burden for that matter) assuming he plays out the season healthy and doesn’t have an injury red flag pulling his draft stock down

NFL teams don’t fall for media darlings and feel good stories in the top of the draft. 

Cant wait till we play them this year, T-Mac had 9 for 107 and a TD last year with Hunter covering him all game.

I feel you are overreacting because he had a 300 yard game.

Are you a Arizona fan or something?

I thought the Missouri WR was the favorite to be the 1st WR selected.