• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

It would bring me joy to see that happen so I hope that is the case but Clemson has been great for playing one or two rough teams in the regular season then padding that record in the past with schools they feel are a "gimmie win" so I hope App destroys the hell out of them.

UGA is playing Tenn Tech Golden Eagles next week.  Literally every school does that.  But with Clemson it is stat padding lol  

Clemson didn’t have to schedule UGA.  They didn’t have to schedule App St.  Clemson consistently chooses tougher opponents for the traditional out of conference type games when they can….

Clemson plays in the ACC.  So they play ACC teams.  They can’t control that.  IMO that’s the truth of the  “stat” padding.  Not the rest is the schedule. 

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

UGA is playing Tenn Tech Golden Eagles next week.  Literally every school does that.  But with Clemson it is stat padding lol  

Clemson didn’t have to schedule UGA.  They didn’t have to schedule App St.  Clemson consistently chooses tougher opponents for the traditional out of conference type games when they can….

Clemson plays in the ACC.  So they play ACC teams.  They can’t control that.  IMO that’s the truth of the  “stat” padding.  Not the rest is the schedule. 

Yeah they usually play the small teams week 1 or early if possible. Kind of like their preseason to get the young players experience and practice their playbook against a different opponent.

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah they usually play the small teams week 1 or early if possible. Kind of like their preseason to get the young players experience and practice their playbook against a different opponent.

and Clemson’s small local team didn’t have to be App St.  They could have chosen someone else.  Their 2nd SEC game didn’t  have to be UGA….they could have worked up a home and home or neutral site game with a lesser caliber SEC opponent.  When they can, they always go tougher than they need to. 

Claiming Clemson stat pads or Dabo paid people but now others can legally….just shows you the vast real estate portfolio Dabo has taken out in people’s heads over the last decade.  

folks taking their victory lap on the back of UGA knowing Dabo likely finishes 10-2 or 9-3 while making a run at the ACC title….and that his disaster seasons are still really better than almost everyone else out there.  

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be surprised. Mainly because of that UGA outcome. I would expect the best version of Clemson next week. You don't want to face a team coming off of an absolutely humiliating embarrassment if they're a well led organization. That team is going to be prepared. If they lose to App State, it probably will be time to start talking about whether or not the Dabo era is over. Do I think that means they'll reclaim their former glory? No. I think they'll probably continue their slide back toward what they were pre-Dabo.

On the flip side, App absolutely gets up for these big games. They either win them, go to OT, or barely lose. They don’t get blown out. Really looking forward to that game. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

57 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wonder if this will be more common as the years progress with the bew playoff rule. One loss week one used to be a deathknell, this is the first year where it could be absolutely inconsequential and futhermore, if they win every other game and have a hard team on resume maybe it helps them get one of the 12 spots where before it would be impossible

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

and Clemson’s small local team didn’t have to be App St.  They could have chosen someone else.  Their 2nd SEC game didn’t  have to be UGA….they could have worked up a home and home or neutral site game with a lesser caliber SEC opponent.  When they can, they always go tougher than they need to. 

Claiming Clemson stat pads or Dabo paid people but now others can legally….just shows you the vast real estate portfolio Dabo has taken out in people’s heads over the last decade.  

folks taking their victory lap on the back of UGA knowing Dabo likely finishes 10-2 or 9-3 while making a run at the ACC title….and that his disaster seasons are still really better than almost everyone else out there.  

Honestly I wouldn’t worry about defending Clemson. They have a great program. What’s a bad season there? 9-10 wins? I’m wanting Auburn to get back to that with Freeze. I think people are just trolling you. 

30 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

On the flip side, App absolutely gets up for these big games. They either win them, go to OT, or barely lose. They don’t get blown out. Really looking forward to that game. 

Oh, it'll be hilarious if Clemson loses. Them starting out 0-2 with a loss to App State? Pure pandemonium in Tigerville. LOL

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Uh oh, somebody must be a Clemson fan......Truth hurts and we all know about opinions so you got yours and the evidence and facts show me what mine are but thanks for playing

Edited by Ricky Prickles

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cam Ward>Bryce Young come at me

I see a lot of Lamar in his game. It’s not just because of the obvious elusiveness speed. It’s his explosiveness in the pocket throwing or running. He is a throw first gunslinger that plays maybe even larger than his size which isn’t small. Sometimes he trusts his arm too much just like Lamar and most gunslingers. I doubt he will be as good as Lamar running in the NFL but his arm looks similar plus he is fast enough to be a concern for NFL defenses. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Allan and Beck looked great

Allar? Beck looked solid and Ward impressed me against a tough team on the road. Allar looked good too. I didn’t realize he could run if needed. I kind of thought he was a statue…

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Uh oh, somebody must be a Clemson fan......Truth hurts and we all know about opinions so you got yours and the evidence and facts show me what mine are but thanks for playing

I can't stand Clemson but he's right. If App State is your out of conference "cupcake" then you aren't padding your schedule. Look at some of the teams that ranked teams played this week.

#2 Ohio State played Akron. 52-6.

#5 Alabama played Western Kentucky. 63-0

#6 Ole Miss played Furman. 76-0.

#11 Missouri played Murray State. Beat them 51-0.

#22 Kansas played Lindenwood. 48-3.

#12 Utah played Southern Utah. 49-0.

#16 Oklahoma played Temple. 51-3.

#25 Iowa played Illinois State. 40-0.

#15 Tennessee played Chattanooga. 69-3

I mean, do people really not realize that most of these week one and week two games are the college equivalent of preseason? There are a handful of intriguing matchups and the rest is just straight up can crushing.

• Pie 2