• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

Just now, CRA said:

They could.  Dabo doesn’t run his program like that though.  Heck, Kirby even echoed the general principle of it too in his presser.   Dabo is not going to go pay some one year rental to replace someone in house doing it the right way.  He wants to recruit and groom people up for 4 years.  

Most importantly, Dabo also isn’t going to join and do what he rightfully complains about AND that is wrong with college football.  Dabo is right about that.  They are breaking college football. It needs to be fixed.  Not for Dabo to join.  You shouldn’t be able to be DJU essentially.  Paid to play and hop year to year.   

Well that's admirable I guess but he's not playing on the same field as the rest of the teams.  I agree the state of college football with the transfers is ridiculous though.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think you should only get 1 transfer and then you should have to sit out a season after that.  Hopping to different schools every year is absurd.

I think it is lost to greed and modern lack of any moral character already, but that's a good point.

17 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well that's admirable I guess but he's not playing on the same field as the rest of the teams.  I agree the state of college football with the transfers is ridiculous though.

That’s what I don’t get.  Dabo is 100% right on that.  

what’s the big money doing? Well, the big money and media wants everyone to know Dabo is behind the times.  Game has past him by. Maybe he needs to go.  Yes . He should go away if he won’t join us.  You should agree with us too.   That’s what being pumped out there. 

Truth is Dabo is right.  Big money doesn’t want Dabo’s opinion on that to be heard or agreed with.  Dabo should take that stand. It’s a shame no one else that matters is doing it in the same manner with him. 

NIL is fine. Dabo always said that stuff was fine.   I’m thinking he is hoping he can weather the storm and a sensible fix could come.  Because it should.  He ain’t joining it.  The pay for play portal is broken.  More coaches need to join Dabo and ones that matter to fix it.   

Dabo is annoying.  But Dabo is generally right on college football.  

Don’t need Kirby with a toe in the right logic pool.  Need Kirby to jump in and do it while he is still on top…not when he gets taken down a peg and then everyone claims he is just mad he isn’t on top 

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, CRA said:

coming off the high he gave us is really tough for some, they too emotional 

And all die hard Clemson fans know die hard Gamecock fans.  They need to zoom out.  Gamecock would be flipping cars in downtown Columbia celebrating if they could stack the last 3 trash Clemson seasons together. 

Bingo.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Crazy the Auburn game went to 10 minute quarters in the second half due to the blowout… I don’t think I’ve seen or noticed that before?

That must be new.  Or maybe both teams have to agree…I see Furman is out there getting their teeth kicked in without 10 min being applied 

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Have you heard of the 10 minute quarter thing before?

I’ve been a part of it once when I was a graduate assistant for an FCS school (though technically the terminology was quality control assistant because I don’t believe FCS schools were allowed to have graduate assistants until a new NCAA bylaw in 2018) and we were playing a NCAA D2 team. I’ve never seen it at the FBS level though. You are correct that both coaches have to agree to it.

What’s more common is a running clock.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2