• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Panthers great Deshaun Foster is struggling with Hawaii.

Gonna be a rough season for the UCLA Bruins

I debate calling 21 a great two memorable playoff tds.... lots of knee surgeries....

Not surprised though after watching some of his press conferences he looks so lost.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, csx said:

I have Clemson diehard friends. They weren't expecting anything here. Certainly not shocking the world.

Dabo is a drain on that program

It blows my mind that there are legitimately Clemson fans who feel this way. Have they forgotten life before Dabo? 

I've never seen Dabo as a great coach, but he absolutely is a great program builder and recruiter and that's 90% of the battle on college sports and Clemson fans should have a shrine to the guy in their man caves.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It blows my mind that there are legitimately Clemson fans who feel this way. Have they forgotten life before Dabo? 

I've never seen Dabo as a great coach, but he absolutely is a great program builder and recruiter and that's 90% of the battle on college sports and Clemson fans should have a shrine to the guy in their man caves.

They did have those shrines until he stopped when national titles.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Personally, I like Dabo and am fully aware the conversation doesn't even exist without him but I have a hard time believing that high flying OC was given the keys to that offense. Looked like Dabo was whispering run, run here. Probably should run here. Who knows 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

coming off the high he gave us is really tough for some, they too emotional 

And all die hard Clemson fans know die hard Gamecock fans.  They need to zoom out.  Gamecock would be flipping cars in downtown Columbia celebrating if they could stack the last 3 trash Clemson seasons together. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

coming off the high he gave us is really tough for some, they too emotional 

And all die hard Clemson fans know die hard Gamecock fans.  They need to zoom out.  Gamecock would be flipping cars in downtown Columbia celebrating if they could stack the last 3 trash Clemson seasons together. 

Tonight Show Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Personally, I like Dabo and am fully aware the conversation doesn't even exist without him but I have a hard time believing that high flying OC was given the keys to that offense. Looked like Dabo was whispering run, run here. Probably should run here. Who knows 

I don’t know about today but all the sources and digging last year said it was Riley calling the shots and the O worse than the DJU era (where Cade looked better).   Folks wanted Dabo to be the reason because it would mean him stepping away could fix it but it sure seems to be Garrett Riley is part of the problem.   Playcalling was better for DJU. DJU just sucked. Cade might just suck too.  But that playcalling today was straight trash. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

If my gamecocks could ever win like 8 games 3 years in a row I’m jumping in the five points fountain 

I rarely watch college but was at a friend's where they have a couple of screens and saw a lot of the SC-ODU.

OMG. I would be embarrassed if I cared. A buddy is an ex Gamecocks football player, I know he was miserable today. Most of it. 

16 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Why can't Clemson attract a decent QB through the portal?

They could.  Dabo doesn’t run his program like that though.  Heck, Kirby even echoed the general principle of it too in his presser.   Dabo is not going to go pay some one year rental to replace someone in house doing it the right way.  He wants to recruit and groom people up for 4 years.  

Most importantly, Dabo also isn’t going to join and do what he rightfully complains about AND that is wrong with college football.  Dabo is right about that.  They are breaking college football. It needs to be fixed.  Not for Dabo to join the problem.  You shouldn’t be able to be DJU essentially.  Paid to play and hop year to year.   Frankly college football needs Dabos right now.  They need sensible voices that actually care about what it should be.  Lose those and it has no hope of being fixed 

NIL is not NIL.  It’s just pay to play and you shouldn’t be able to hop team to team with no penalty in that scenario 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1