• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 hour ago, csx said:

I have Clemson diehard friends. They weren't expecting anything here. Certainly not shocking the world.

Dabo is a drain on that program

Dabo is the only reason that program is relevant.

Unfortunately now that everyone can pay players he's lost his fastball. 

• Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

Dabo is the only reason that program is relevant.

Unfortunately now that everyone can pay players he's lost his fastball. 

true,  UGA, Bama, Texas, Michigan, and everyone else finally has a level playing field with Clemson and can now start paying folks the big money Dabo was doing.   Because that was clearly the secret sauce in Clemson lol.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Depends.  I guess if Clemson is only the 2nd half team vs the #1 team in the nation they can’t beat State.   

But maybe State is really more that first half team that couldn’t handle Western Carolina if we just pick and choose a half 

You have to admit, in the first game of the year, youd much rather look good in the second half than vice versa. Dabo did Clemson no favors by playing scared. Who knows how momentum swings if goes on that 1st 4th n 1.

9 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

You have to admit, in the first game of the year, youd much rather look good in the second half than vice versa. Dabo did Clemson no favors by playing scared. Who knows how momentum swings if goes on that 1st 4th n 1.

It was over at half time.  Dabo played too conservative and wasted it all while the D played as good as it gets vs UGA.  That was the window.  The first half.  Mafah is a fine RB but you can’t run him vs UGA like you would a Duke.  Gameplan was never about winning IMO. 

for all the talk of Garrett Riley, his O (playcall and design)…..has been trash at Clemson.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

It was over at half time.  Dabo played too conservative and wasted it all while the D played as good as it gets vs UGA.  That was the window.  The first half.  

for all the talk of Garrett Riley, his O (playcall and design)…..has been trash at Clemson.  

I wonder if he is getting green lighted. Looks more Dabo style. If that game is tied at half or within 3, that second half never happens. They were deflated cause coach had no faith.

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Just tell them that the score didn't matter today.

I think I’m okay.  I think I can pull of the SC “win” vs Old Dominion was just as embarrassing as our loss.   

Old Dominion gave away that game.  Took two fumbles inside their own 10 for SC to be able to beat them and have any offense.  Think Clemson’s O is going to look like a juggernaut vs South Carolina.